Should Gersnet feature on BBC Scotland?

Should Gersnet feature on BBC Scotland?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gersnet feature on BBC Scotland?

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

A better question would be ... why would you? 

A fair question which I think I did answer partially at least in the opening post.

We've rightly all complained and protested about the BBC for a number of years - usually with good reason. Now that they're looking to include Rangers supporters in their coverage we can easily say no thanks because of that or we can look to involve ourselves in any debates to help get our message across.  I think enough Rangers fans also listen to the programme to help publicise our site so the benefit is perhaps two fold.

I'm unconvinced it's worthwhile as the format isn't properly conductive to good debate since we're only phoned up and not in the studio but it's only fair I open the question to the floor for comment.

A tricky one as we know how conniving that lot are but i voted yes.

You Frankie would be a good representative of not just Gersnet but most of the wider Rangers support and well up to handle any snide or sniping that may be aimed at our club.

It's quite a leap of faith to expect a fair platform from the BBC, especially as at least one item from a Rangers perspective will be to point to grossly unfair coverage by the BBC itself. It's not Gersnet I doubt but the BBC. It's just my opinion but I would stay as far away from them as possible, otherwise you've every chance of becoming the BBC's useful .... well you know what I mean.

Edited by Bill

It strikes me that you will get very little in return for allowing that mob to tick a box. 

Personally, I should decline this limited opportunity to partake in a no doubt edited telephone conversation. 

You should hold out for a proper live interview and debate in the studio, with the paramenters, rules, and red lines delineated in advance (with of course, light refreshments, and a cheque for no less than 100 nicker). 

Oh, and remember what these vermin did to McCoist. 

Edited by Uilleam

Most definitely!

If you're gonna do it...it needs to be with strength, and presence.

You are not only the HMIC over here...you are a footballing oracle.

You want people to remember you as that.

Pro-tips

Preface rebuttals to impact questions with impact intros such as;

"pfft...seriously?"

"In my day"

"Here's the deal"

"Stevie...steve-oh...am I on trial here?"

"Look...I don't eat Greek food"

"ach ghee us a dram...yer doin ma heed in"...this can actually be used with every rebuttal.

Most importantly, when referencing Celtic...always use 'them'...'those ones'...and if he challenges you too strongly..."Your BHhoys".

Focus.

Play this before the interview.

You Can Do It GIF by bubly

Certainly something worth considering @Frankie - what's the saying about keeping your enemies closer than your friends! 

Part of me wants to say no but it would be a great platform for Gersnet. 

Obviously you'll need to show up wearing your UJ t-shirt and sunglasses and with a RHOU wrapped around your shoulders 😉