51 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I've noticed the amount of big game punters has increased at recent cup finals and it's definitely having a negative impact on the atmosphere.   

Seville was the perfect example - loads of folk who rarely attend matches somehow get tickets for that, whereas others who attend every match, home and away, didn't get a sniff.

MyGers works to some degree but the club are definitely pushing for more and more hospitality clientelle.  

Seville wasnt the perfect example.... not in what you are suggesting anyway.  It was the perfect example of UEFA fawning over their corporate sponsors and stiffing the two finalists by giving them a fraction of the attendance - THAT is much of the reason the atmosphere wasnt good - along with the stifling hot weather and the issues around hydration at the stadium.

But I slightly digress...

5 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I think the main issue is the points system.  Just enter your name in a Mygers ballot for available match tickets.  That would seem fair.

Is it the points system or the way you can earn points? 

Asking as I'm not a member so don't know the mechanics

25 minutes ago, CammyF said:

If we are rewarding loyalty, why is it capped at 3 or 5 years? If I was going to reward loyalty, I'd concentrate on those who attended  games (and had season tickets) when we were climbing through the divisions.

I remember standing outside Alloa one winters day, hale, sleet and snow trying to shift 4 or 5 tickets that our RSC had extra. You literally couldn't give tickets away in those days. 

The above us somewhat tongue in cheek, but @Gonzo79 is correct, big games are now harder for the run of the mill punter to get tickets (via the club) which means fans are having to pay over the odds or miss out. 

The problem we have is there is no one way to please everyone.

Yup.  You dont want to know how much I paid for 3 tickets for Seville......

8 minutes ago, craig said:

Seville wasnt the perfect example.... not in what you are suggesting anyway.  It was the perfect example of UEFA fawning over their corporate sponsors and stiffing the two finalists by giving them a fraction of the attendance - THAT is much of the reason the atmosphere wasnt good - along with the stifling hot weather and the issues around hydration at the stadium.

But I slightly digress...

I know a Rangers fan who has been on over 40 European trips watching Rangers and didn't get a ticket for Seville. 

I also know a Rangers fan who hadn't been to a Rangers European away game in over a decade who did get a ticket (I admit I don't know where / how they procured it).

Just now, CammyF said:

I know a Rangers fan who has been on over 40 European trips watching Rangers and didn't get a ticket for Seville. 

I also know a Rangers fan who hadn't been to a Rangers European away game in over a decade who did get a ticket (I admit I don't know where / how they procured it).

Oh I don't deny any of that and I completely agree. 

The thrust of what I was saying is that Seville wasnt the perfect example for loss of atmosphere (IMHO) - UEFA gave each set of fans a fraction of the stadium - I wasnt making a statement about who gets tickets and who doesnt.

1 minute ago, craig said:

Yup.  You dont want to know how much I paid for 3 tickets for Seville......

I knew I didn't have a chance of a ticket and knew I didn't deserve one so knew the only way I'd get was to buy one outwith normal channels. 

I asked a few questions and simply couldn't justify paying what was being asked. 

Just now, CammyF said:

I knew I didn't have a chance of a ticket and knew I didn't deserve one so knew the only way I'd get was to buy one outwith normal channels. 

I asked a few questions and simply couldn't justify paying what was being asked. 

Yeah, Completely understand that Cammy.  My thought process was that my kid, then 17, wouldnt get another chance to see us in such a prestigous final - so I was getting him a ticket - then it became "I cant send him there by himself with 100k Bears plus Frankfurt fans so I will send his mother with him"... and then he ended up begging me to go too.... Makes me shudder how much I spent on those tickets and that trip....

And I also went 50:50 with my Mum on a ticket for my Uncle who has been a ST holder for 5 decades - he was going to Seville ticketless to the fanzone and I didnt want him not being at the game.

The price we pay for "memories"....

13 minutes ago, CammyF said:

13 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Asking as I'm not a member so don't know the mechanics

It is the points system.  The tiers are unfair IMO.

Edited by Blue Moon