Not speaking about the pros or cons of Mygers.... but I just got an email about the 2023/24 MyGers - and we have 53,000 MyGers members - which is quite remarkable.

EDIT :  Prices have increased for adults from 40 quid to 50 quid, from 30 to 40 for 16-21 yr olds and 20 to 25 for under 16's

1 hour ago, craig said:

Not speaking about the pros or cons of Mygers.... but I just got an email about the 2023/24 MyGers - and we have 53,000 MyGers members - which is quite remarkable.

EDIT :  Prices have increased for adults from 40 quid to 50 quid, from 30 to 40 for 16-21 yr olds and 20 to 25 for under 16's

It is an amazing number and yet some fans who shall remain nameless refuse to join MyGers. 😉 

I don't think I've benefited in any material sense from MyGers in the two years I've been a member but it strikes me as a much better way to throw money away than giving it to Club1872. At least with MyGers I know the money goes to Rangers.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

I don't think I've benefited in any material sense from MyGers in the two years I've been a member but it strikes me as a much better way to throw money away than giving it to Club1872. At least with MyGers I know the money goes to Rangers.

Undoubtedly its a great money maker for the club. I just don't agree with it in principle and haven't joined. I know it means I lose out on away, cup semi final and final tickets.

While mostly irrelevant, my MyGers points got me a ticket for a European away semi final and the final, several domestic cup semis and 2 domestic cup finals. Value for money guaranteed. I will of course renew. Still got both membership packs intact as they are completely worthless and wish the club wouldn’t bother going to the not insignificant expense of making the packs, just admit it’s a charge for access to tickets and be done with it. I’m buying it anyway!

Bayern have a membership of over 300,000.

It costs 60 euros (for the adult package). 

Benefits include:

Welcome package
At the start of your membership we will send you a welcome gift consisting of a personalised scarf and a member's badge.

Membership card
At the beginning of each season, you will receive a newly designed membership card with your name, date of birth and current membership number. This changes annually, because the longer you remain loyal to our club, the lower your membership number becomes.

Events
As a member you have the opportunity to participate in various member events. If the number of registrations exceeds the available seats, participants will be randomly selected.

Exclusive benefits in the FC Bayern Store
Members are entitled to a 10% discount on all full-price merchandise. Multiple discounts cannot be combined; in the event of more than one applicable discount, the largest one will apply.

In addition, you will have the right of first refusal on selected merchandise items. You will be informed of this in advance if you have subscribed to the exclusive Members eV newsletter.

Furthermore, you will have access to all products in our exclusive members' collection.

FC Bayern Magazine "51“
As a member, you will receive our (German language) FC Bayern club magazine "51“ by post. If you choose not to receive the print version, your annual membership fee will be reduced by €10.00 per season.

You can order the print subscription directly when you apply or subsequently on your personal myFCB profile at myfcb.fcbayern.com. The subscription can also be cancelled here.

Independent of the print subscription, you will also have free online access to the (German language) ePaper version of the FC Bayern club magazine "51".

Ticketing
You will have the opportunity to participate in our ticket draw for overbooked matches.

When purchasing tickets for home matches, you will receive a discount (currently €2.50) on all seats (DFB Cup matches excluded).

As a member, you also have access to sold-out home matches on the secondary ticket exchange at fcbayern.com/tickets (no discount on secondary tickets).

Tickets for the FC Bayern Museum
As a member, you will receive a discount (currently €2.00) on the full price when purchasing tickets for the FC Bayern Museum.

Autograph cards
As a member, you will also have the opportunity to purchase one set of autograph cards per season.

You can order the autograph cards either with facsimile signatures or, depending on availability, also with original signatures as a complete set or individually 

The Bayern one is a proper system that I would join. I cancelled my automatic renewal because I never quite got over the club not screening the final when all other finals were showing the match to their fans at home.  The ticketing system is unfair in my opinion and should be a ballot, based purely on mygers membership.  It is a protest on my part.  

The gifts every year are a waste of money.  We gave them away.

Edited by Blue Moon

5 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

The Bayern one is a proper system that I would join. I cancelled my automatic renewal because I never quite got over the club not screening the final when all other finals were showing the match to their fans at home.  The ticketing system is unfair in my opinion and should be a ballot, based purely on mygers membership.  It is a protest on my part.  

The gifts every year are a waste of money.  We gave them away.

What do you mean by 'proper'?