7 minutes ago, Bill said:

I'm a bit uncomfortable with the implied assumption that some Rangers fans are somehow better than others. There are many good and loyal Rangers fans for whom routine attendance is simply impossible and they shouldn't be excluded from occasionally buying tickets when they can make it to Ibrox.

How do you differentiate them from those who can't be arsed going to any games but want a chance of going to an OF game by just joining Mygers?

It's not a case of saying that someone is a better fan as such, but more rewarding loyalty by giving those who go to more games a better chance of a ticket than those who don't. 

I don't go to away games so I'd expect those who do go and have season tickets to have a better chance of certain tickets (Seville for example) than me. I don't look on them as being "better" but just as fans who deserve a better chance of tickets.

If you think all members of Mygers should have an equal chance of big game tickets then it's a valid viewpoint but just not one that I agree with.

46 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I don't think it does, does it?

I am assuming it does.  How else are there such wide discrepancies between the top of gold and the bottom of silver?  Away tickets are so limited in numbers there must be another explanation apart from NEH.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

How do you differentiate them from those who can't be arsed going to any games but want a chance of going to an OF game by just joining Mygers?

You can't, so you have to make a presumption. Yours is that they can't be arsed. Mine is that if you want to attend lots of games, and you can, you buy a season ticket and if you can't then you should still have a decent opportuniy to attend on whatever frequency you can manage.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

It's not a case of saying that someone is a better fan as such, but more rewarding loyalty by giving those who go to more games a better chance of a ticket than those who don't. 

So loyalty is exclusively expressed by attending games and fans in Germany, Dubai, Sweden, America, etc must always be considered less loyal Rangers fans? If you find it difficult to attend many games due to illness or infirmity then you're a less deserving Rangers fan. That sounds dangerously elitist to me and there's no getting away from it, it is saying if you have a season ticket then you're more of a Rangers fan. That's an arrogant road to go down, considering the contribution made by the vastly larger part of the Rangers support who simply can't attend Ibrox at every opportunity.

Edited by Bill

1 hour ago, Bill said:

You can't, so you have to make a presumption. Yours is that they can't be arsed. Mine is that if you want to attend lots of games, and you can, you buy a season ticket and if you can't then you should still have a decent opportuniy to attend on whatever frequency you can manage.

Mine is that there's a mixture in both.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

So loyalty is exclusively expressed by attending games and fans in Germany, Dubai, Sweden, America, etc must always be considered less loyal Rangers fans? If you find it difficult to attend many games due to illness or infirmity then you're a less deserving Rangers fan. That sounds dangerously elitist to me and there's no getting away from it, it is saying if you have a season ticket then you're more of a Rangers fan. That's an arrogant road to go down, considering the contribution made by the vastly larger part of the Rangers support who simply can't attend Ibrox at every opportunity.

Exclusively? No. I didn't say that. 

However I do feel that fans who attend all away games deserve a better chance of tickets than I do. If you feel that you have as much right to big game tickets as them then it's your prerogative.

I guess an extension of your argument would be that season ticket holders should have the right to automatically renew their tickets and everyone should go into a ballot as attending games in the past shouldn't be recognised by the club?

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

I am assuming it does.  How else are there such wide discrepancies between the top of gold and the bottom of silver?  Away tickets are so limited in numbers there must be another explanation apart from NEH.

I don't think so. I've one of the most expensive season tickets, I've had it for many year and I attend all home games and am on CCCS for semis and finals but I think I'm mid silver. Those high silver and gold are people who apply for every away ticket, including European games and have done so for the last 5(?) years.

I've noticed the amount of big game punters has increased at recent cup finals and it's definitely having a negative impact on the atmosphere.   

Seville was the perfect example - loads of folk who rarely attend matches somehow get tickets for that, whereas others who attend every match, home and away, didn't get a sniff.

MyGers works to some degree but the club are definitely pushing for more and more hospitality clientelle.  

27 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Seville was the perfect example - loads of folk who rarely attend matches somehow get tickets for that, whereas others who attend every match, home and away, didn't get a sniff.

How did they get those tickets? I would have thought the current MyGers arrangements would have ensured tickets went to season ticket holders.

If we are rewarding loyalty, why is it capped at 3 or 5 years? If I was going to reward loyalty, I'd concentrate on those who attended  games (and had season tickets) when we were climbing through the divisions.

I remember standing outside Alloa one winters day, hale, sleet and snow trying to shift 4 or 5 tickets that our RSC had extra. You literally couldn't give tickets away in those days. 

The above us somewhat tongue in cheek, but @Gonzo79 is correct, big games are now harder for the run of the mill punter to get tickets (via the club) which means fans are having to pay over the odds or miss out. 

The problem we have is there is no one way to please everyone.

If you want to attend every game, you buy a season ticket. I kept on buying season tickets right through the lower league days when you could choose any seat you liked and anyone could buy tickets on a game-by-game basis. Now times have changed and there are very few tickets available to buy. If I understand it right (I might well be wrong) the MyGers system puts season ticket holders at a huge advantage for buying the handful of tickets sold for each home game and that doesn't seem right. It means season ticket holders are rewarded twice and a lifelong Rangers fan from overseas has virtually no chance unless he boosts his MyGers points and the only way to do that effectively is to buy a season ticket - which he can't because there's a waiting list.

What I'm saying is that there should be a realistic way for all Rangers fans to buy tickets. Perhaps more match day tickets should be reserved for general sale before being hoovered up by season ticket holders with lots of MyGers points.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

If you want to attend every game, you buy a season ticket. I kept on buying season tickets right through the lower league days when you could choose any seat you liked and anyone could buy tickets on a game-by-game basis. Now times have changed and there are very few tickets available to buy. If I understand it right (I might well be wrong) the MyGers system puts season ticket holders at a huge advantage for buying the handful of tickets sold for each home game and that doesn't seem right. It means season ticket holders are rewarded twice and a lifelong Rangers fan from overseas has virtually no chance unless he boosts his MyGers points and the only way to do that effectively is to buy a season ticket - which he can't because there's a waiting list.

What I'm saying is that there should be a realistic way for all Rangers fans to buy tickets. Perhaps more match day tickets should be reserved for general sale before being hoovered up by season ticket holders with lots of MyGers points.

Don't know if this is correct and / or still the case, but when I did the tour of Allianz Arena, I'm sure the guide said that BM had limited the number of season tickets to ensure that there were a significant number of tickets available to the "public" / non-season tocket holders. 

Edit - this was over a decade ago so might not be current / relevant info 😀

Edited by CammyF