8 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

What do you mean by 'proper'?

Ballots for tickets and shop discounts, match programmes included etc

I believe if access to tickets is through a scheme I disagree that factors outwith that scheme affect your chances of match tickets.  It should be membership only.

Edited by Blue Moon

47 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Ballots for tickets and shop discounts, match programmes included etc

I believe if access to tickets is through a scheme I disagree that factors outwith that scheme affect your chances of match tickets.  It should be membership only.

I never considered it before but I think I agree with you regarding ballots for tickets. If you're a member, you're a member.

15 hours ago, CammyF said:

Undoubtedly its a great money maker for the club. I just don't agree with it in principle and haven't joined. I know it means I lose out on away, cup semi final and final tickets.

Only reason I have it... and I still can't get to any of those games 🤣

5 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

The ticketing system is unfair in my opinion and should be a ballot, based purely on mygers membership.  

I disagree. Attendance at games has to come into it. It can't be fair for someone who is a Mygers member but hasn't attended any games this season having as big a chance of a semi-final ticket as someone who has attended all the games.

There are flaws in the system (it shouldn't be based on how much you're able to throw at things like NEH, for example) but if it rewards those who go to games then it's generally a good scheme.

I look on MyGers as a sort of loyalty tax. Like all other taxes you get next to bugger all for it but if you try hard you might find a sense of moral superiority.

I don't disagree with you Bluedell but there must be a better way than the current one.  In our case we attend all home games including friendlies and are currently teetering at the bottom of silver so our chances of getting any away tickets are slim which makes us even lower the following season.  If you have a season ticket of course you should be at an advantage but the more expensive your seat is shouldn't come into it.

Edited by Blue Moon

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

I look on MyGers as a sort of loyalty tax. Like all other taxes you get next to bugger all for it but if you try hard you might find a sense of moral superiority.

I can tell you I get better value for money from MyGers at 50 quid a year than I do from my 850 quid a month utility bill, lol

10 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I don't disagree with you Bluedell but there must be a better way than the current one.  In our case we attend all home games including friendlies and are currently teetering at the bottom of silver so our chances of getting any away tickets are slim which makes us even lower the following season.  If you have a season ticket of course you should be at an advantage but the more expensive your seat is shouldn't come into it.

I'm a bit uncomfortable with the implied assumption that some Rangers fans are somehow better than others. There are many good and loyal Rangers fans for whom routine attendance is simply impossible and they shouldn't be excluded from occasionally buying tickets when they can make it to Ibrox.