[FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Celtic

It's got back to the Pedro/Murty era when we play Paedo FC - most of us expect to be beaten.  

Gerrard had their number.  We need that back.  

I'm still undecided about whether I'll watch the game on Sunday.  Pretty much had enough of this season and even a Scottish Cup win wouldn't alter that.

A lot of water under the bridge since Gerrard - including a new manager for them as well.

However, Beale knows what it takes to beat Celtic - as do many of the players. No reason why we can't get a result but my point is that of the bigger picture.

50 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's got back to the Pedro/Murty era when we play Paedo FC - most of us expect to be beaten.  

Gerrard had their number.  We need that back.  

I'm still undecided about whether I'll watch the game on Sunday.  Pretty much had enough of this season and even a Scottish Cup win wouldn't alter that.

I hear it on all the fan podcasts 'that chance Sakala missed would have been scored by a celtic forward', 'that game we lost/drew wouldn't have happened to celtic'. If that's the mindset of the support lets hope the players have a more robust mentality. 

Lets stop talking about them as if they are some kind of invincible force. They are a good team on a good run. Their manager has trapped lighting in a bottle for this to happen. Its bound to run out. It may not be this season given how much of our squad seem to be accustomed to losing but it will happen at some point. But they are beatable. We can win if we approach it with the correct mentality.

Great article Frankie.  I didn't want Beale but I think he's done not too badly so far and it would be premature and, I think, quite damaging to get rid of him in a months time regardless of how the rest of the season goes.  Given the state of our squad, it is not the manager that concerns me but moving on the perpetually injured and in contract no-hopers.  Because of that, I think he should get at least 3 windows unless things go catastrophically wrong next season.

Will be away to work, after last Sunday, that's probably a blessing in disguise.

On paper, MB has done well, won a large percentage of all his games, yet, the important ones all went against us - and IMHO also due to wrong tactics. Gio's season suffered from that, but also from a host of injuries to and lack of form by his best players. One can but hope that MB will turn them over at the weekend, and thus save some face for this current squad. And truth be told, we didn't look that bad against them last time, but handed them 3 really really bad goals, like we did against St. Mirren a few days later. That's why I also agree that we need to build from the back, team-wise, for next season (and I for one still can't believe that we gave Goldson a new deal ... on hindsight mainly because we didn't find a better replacement). So unless we send out a team with fire in their gets and focussed on the game, that will be that. 

Here's hope ... I would like to write, but I've done that about 25 times before this season and nothing came of it. Hence, expectation levels are minimal, thus disappointment levels will also stay low.

You can write your ass off man.

Always like your stuff.

Two things.

If they score first the ass is gonna drop right out of the team.

Also, we need to find a way to get Scottie Arfield on that pitch.

Maybe not from jump, but at some point in perhaps the second half he needs at least 20 minutes.

Gonna be a good game.