[FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Celtic

10 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

When do you think we’ll get another 13 million pound player then? See any? 🤪

not exactly at the Ajax or Benfica level are we despite throwing who knows how much money at the youth academy?

and we’ve spent the Patterson money on NEH 🙃

Who knows. Could be soon could not. It’s like a lottery.

The big issue I have with people looking at Ajax or Benfica and thinking ‘why can’t we develop young players like that is for the most part our young players are Scottish and Scottish people are shite at football so we are never going to get the same hit rate as These better nations.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

16 hours ago, CammyF said:

Maybe, but I'm old fashioned. If the ball is there for you to win (he didn't even need to win it) and you're the closest to it, go get the ball! 

It was a catalogue of errors from us not reacting initially to not stopping the cross and then not defending the cross. 

A horrendous goal to lose but we've been losing those types of goals all to often. 

Depends.  The Celtic player was on the ground so shouldnt have been an issue - Barisic, and lesser so Lundstram, were facing play (ie facing forwards) whereas Raskin wasnt, he was facing goal.  So he could very well have been looking for them to take the ball as that would make sense if they were facing play whilst he wasnt.

None of them, plus Tavernier, covered themselves in glory, that is for sure.  In some masochistic way, it was exactly like the trainwreck of a season we have had.

40 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Who knows. Could be soon could not. It’s like a lottery.

The big issue I have with people looking at Ajax or Benfica and thinking ‘why can’t we develop young players like that is for the most part our young players are Scottish and Scottish people are shite at football so we are never going to get the same hit rate as These better nations.

This is a very valid point IMHO.  But it isnt necessarily down to the players themselves.  The SFA, as we all know, couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery - so why would we expect them to get grassroots football right ?  

6 minutes ago, craig said:

Depends.  The Celtic player was on the ground so shouldnt have been an issue - Barisic, and lesser so Lundstram, were facing play (ie facing forwards) whereas Raskin wasnt, he was facing goal.  So he could very well have been looking for them to take the ball as that would make sense if they were facing play whilst he wasnt.

None of them, plus Tavernier, covered themselves in glory, that is for sure.  In some masochistic way, it was exactly like the trainwreck of a season we have had.

I've lost count of the goals we've conceded at the back post this season to an opposition player arriving totally unmarked behind Tavernier. He seems to have almost no defensive awareness. 

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

I've lost count of the goals we've conceded at the back post this season to an opposition player arriving totally unmarked behind Tavernier. He seems to have almost no defensive awareness. 

He wasn't even behind Tavernier at the start of the move, which makes it worse...

7 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

He wasn't even behind Tavernier at the start of the move, which makes it worse...

And what makes it worse worse..... he wasnt behind Tavernier and if you watch Tavernier closely he actually points to Jota..... Fvck knows why given Goldson was in front of Tav marking Kyogo..... so it isnt as if he wasnt aware of Jota.

Ugghhhhhhh, get this season ended pronto

44 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

When do you think we’ll get another 13 million pound player then? See any? 🤪

not exactly at the Ajax or Benfica level are we despite throwing who knows how much money at the youth academy?

and we’ve spent the Patterson money on NEH 🙃

There's a lot to be critical of when it comes to youth development at Rangers, particularly this season. King and Lowry haven't developed as they should have and Devine needs first team football at some level too. All three should be much further on in their progression by now.  But a player can go from unknown to £13 million in 6 months at that age, Patterson pretty much did, as did Bassey. 

I like Robbie Fraser, has looked good on the 4 or 5 times I've watched him, but I'm not sure if the club agree as he's not had much of a sniff at the 1st team yet. I think Lovelace and Ure have a real chance, but again it's opportunity that will be the obstacle for them. 

I don't think Lewis Mayo will get a chance with us, I don't think he's good enough for our first team. But, he's almost ever present for Kilmarnock this season, he might not be ready for us, but he seems to be ready for the SPFL in the same way Stephen Kelly was. We're not going to get £13 million for them, but say £500,000 from an English League 1 side with a sell on clause, is still a realistic return. 

The Lowland League is ok for 16 and 17 year olds playing their first professional football, but it's not a good enough standard for anyone wanting into our first team squad far less our starting side. I wonder if a much trimmed squad will force this on us, it might even be the best thing to happen to us. 

36 minutes ago, Bill said:

His wee pal on the left side cant stop crosses its like a perfect storm with the two of them.

22 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

There's a lot to be critical of when it comes to youth development at Rangers, particularly this season. King and Lowry haven't developed as they should have and Devine needs first team football at some level too. All three should be much further on in their progression by now.  But a player can go from unknown to £13 million in 6 months at that age, Patterson pretty much did, as did Bassey. 

I like Robbie Fraser, has looked good on the 4 or 5 times I've watched him, but I'm not sure if the club agree as he's not had much of a sniff at the 1st team yet. I think Lovelace and Ure have a real chance, but again it's opportunity that will be the obstacle for them. 

I don't think Lewis Mayo will get a chance with us, I don't think he's good enough for our first team. But, he's almost ever present for Kilmarnock this season, he might not be ready for us, but he seems to be ready for the SPFL in the same way Stephen Kelly was. We're not going to get £13 million for them, but say £500,000 from an English League 1 side with a sell on clause, is still a realistic return. 

The Lowland League is ok for 16 and 17 year olds playing their first professional football, but it's not a good enough standard for anyone wanting into our first team squad far less our starting side. I wonder if a much trimmed squad will force this on us, it might even be the best thing to happen to us. 

Strange how we all see things differently.  Ure has failed to impress me whenever I have seen him.  Lovelace needs more time as he is still very young.

37 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

His wee pal on the left side cant stop crosses its like a perfect storm with the two of them.

And at the other end of the park, when both fullbacks devote so much of their efforts to making crosses into the opposition box you'd think there would be better return but their much-vaunted crossing ability only rarely amounts to anything, certainly not enough to sacrifice defensive abilities for. Two new fullbacks and a new captain please.