[FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Celtic

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I dunno about that.  Our youth teams haven't been doing particularly well recently. 

If we don’t play them we will never know and if this youth setup isn’t working then it might be time to overhaul it 

Pick Devine, King and Lowry if any if them is fit and leave them in the team until the end of the season no matter how bad they may be on any particular day. Durrant and Derek Ferguson weren’t exactly carried on the shoulders of giants when they got their first run of games.

14 hours ago, Uilleam said:

We can argue about players -ours, theirs, who we should have started, and whether their men are better than ours- and go all night, never reaching a conclusion; and it might even be fun, although, ultimately meaningless. 

What, on reflection -and without benefit, or otherwise, of alcohol- is not moot, is, in fact, completely indisputable, is that they are better coached than we are. 

And that, chaps, is a major, major worry. 

This comment is 100% correct imo. We give septic more opportunities than they create. We cannot take our own chances.

My sons are in their early twenties, I am in my fifties and my father is in his late seventies and we all think our team look like cavemen chasing a mammoth.

Unlike me, my brother displayed some talent at fitba an was often away on SFA coarses as a youngster, he also spent years coaching kids. He now plays golf rather than get distressed watching this Rangers team.

The majority of our players regularly display a poor attitude. Our players do not look as fit as theirs.

35 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

This comment is 100% correct imo. We give septic more opportunities than they create. We cannot take our own chances.

My sons are in their early twenties, I am in my fifties and my father is in his late seventies and we all think our team look like cavemen chasing a mammoth.

Unlike me, my brother displayed some talent at fitba an was often away on SFA coarses as a youngster, he also spent years coaching kids. He now plays golf rather than get distressed watching this Rangers team.

The majority of our players regularly display a poor attitude. Our players do not look as fit as theirs.

Give me one iota of evidence of "100% correct". I think all anyone can really say is it might be a contributing factor ... or it might not. It might also be down to better or worse, more or less motivated, players being more or less capable of absorbing and delivering what they're coached. 

If you're going to make condemnations like this, can you quantify better coaching? Give me some metrics that objectively demonstrate better or worse coaching. You might also want to explain how you coach players who have long since thrown in the towel and are marking time until they can leave. Silk purses and sows' ears come to mind.

I'm not saying our coaching is the best it could be but I doubt it's the main cause of our failures either and anyone jumping on this bandwagon really needs to substantiate the accusation.

3 hours ago, compo said:

If we don’t play them we will never know and if this youth setup isn’t working then it might be time to overhaul it 

Who in our youth set up is ready to step into the first team ?

1 hour ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

You have no idea if that is the case.

I had talent as a youngster, have coached kids, and have been in the management of a club (non-footballing management).  Does that mean I must be right ?  Your statement about your brother is irrelevant, as is mine above.

We don't know if they are coached better - could just as easily be that they simply have better players and their recruitment has been better.

Displaying a poor attitude isnt a coaching issue, it is a personal pride issue.  Interestingly, the players with the best attitude of late have been the two signings in the January window - so maybe Beale recognises the poor attitude and only wants those prepared to apply themselves properly. 

58 minutes ago, Bill said:

Give me one iota of evidence of "100% correct". I think all anyone can really say is it might be a contributing factor ... or it might not. It might also be down to better or worse, more or less motivated, players being more or less capable of absorbing and delivering what they're coached. 

If you're going to make condemnations like this, can you quantify better coaching? Give me some metrics that objectively demonstrate better or worse coaching. You might also want to explain how you coach players who have long since thrown in the towel and are marking time until they can leave. Silk purses and sows' ears come to mind.

I'm not saying our coaching is the best it could be but I doubt it's the main cause of our failures either and anyone jumping on this bandwagon really needs to substantiate the accusation.

As I cleary state in my post "This comment is 100% correct imo". Thats "in my opinion". I like you have one. As for your question, "can you quantify better coaching?" Teaching our players football basics like, play to the whistle (Our defence), do not let the ball bounce (Davies). You want metrics, go find them in the scores of our last encounters with septic. As for the one iota you ask for, here you go, IOTA 

Edited by Graeme Ro55

1 minute ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

As I cleary state in my post "This comment is 100% correct imo". Thats "in my opinion". I like you have one. As for your question, "can you quantify better coaching?" Teaching our players football basics like, play to the whistle (Our defence), do not let the ball bounce (Davies). I you want metrics, go find them in the scores of our last encounters with septic. As for the one iota you ask for, here you go, IOTA 

Beale has already said that he has told the players in previous games, particularly against that lot.  At what point does it stop becoming coaching and start becoming players responsibilities ??  

1 minute ago, craig said:

Beale has already said that he has told the players in previous games, particularly against that lot.  At what point does it stop becoming coaching and start becoming players responsibilities ??  

Gio said the same after his first defeat at the piggery. He had already told them about the quick throw ins, free kicks etc players just didn’t care.