[FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Celtic

We can argue about players -ours, theirs, who we should have started, and whether their men are better than ours- and go all night, never reaching a conclusion; and it might even be fun, although, ultimately meaningless. 

What, on reflection -and without benefit, or otherwise, of alcohol- is not moot, is, in fact, completely indisputable, is that they are better coached than we are. 

And that, chaps, is a major, major worry. 

27 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I couldn't believe what I was watching when we conceded that goal.

Raskin, Kent, Barišić and Lundstram all watching the ball.

I think it's the worst goal I've ever seen us concede. The last 18 months have provided plenty to choose from but that still manages to be the worst.

Even if Raskin thinks he has fouled the player he should still be chasing the ball.

The referee didn’t blow for a foul. Always play to the whistle 

4 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

We can argue about players -ours, theirs, who we should have started, and whether their men are better than ours- and go all night, never reaching a conclusion; and it might even be fun, although, ultimately meaningless. 

What, on reflection -and without benefit, or otherwise, of alcohol- is not moot, is, in fact, completely indisputable, is that they are better coached than we are. 

And that, chaps, is a major, major worry. 

Are they "better coached"? I would simply say they have more effective players in particular positions.

If you put Kyogo and Jota in our side (in place of Morelos and Kent) we win the game IMO.

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

14 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I couldn't believe what I was watching when we conceded that goal.

Raskin, Kent, Barišić and Lundstram all watching the ball.

I think it's the worst goal I've ever seen us concede. The last 18 months have provided plenty to choose from but that still manages to be the worst.

Even if Raskin thinks he has fouled the player he should still be chasing the ball.

I saw two of the three they scored last time around, and they rank amongst the worst I have seen against them. BTW, that assist by Tavernier back in the day of our first post-xmas collapse still sticks to the memories too.

A few weeks ago, I came to the conclusion that in my time as a Bluenose, i.e. since roundabout 1985, I have read and heard about and seen Rangers teams that gave me so much pleasure and joy, NIAR, the first ever Champions League campaign and all that. So, by any standards of your "average" football supporter, this club has gained a lot of credit "on the good side" of the game, so one can't always complain about what happens all the time. Obviously, Rangers is something special, and our environment too. We've been through the most vile depths of the game thanks to our neighbors and their machinations, and have suffered at their hands for (felt) ages. For certain reasons, we have not managed to get a grip of the Scottish game for the best part of 5 years, even when we won 55. I simply ignore the European campaigns, as they were always a neat bonus, for the return where it matters, i.e. in the Ibrox trophy room, was de facto abysmal. Watching us last and this season could almost drive you away from football.

No matter what he does, but Beale needs to get the house in order, cut ties with people that won't help us any longer and get people in who do. Whether they come from the 4th tier of England, Kazakhstan, or whatever, we need guys who play for the Gersey 24/7, give their all, and strive for the better. (The "quality" the Scum has assembled is not that much greater than ours, but they have the players to do the job where it matters - and we simply don't.) And we need to so some acceptance in the brain-department that this one-striker garbage will not get us anywhere in the Scottish game, unless you have the players who whip in with a dozen goals each from either flank and midfield. We hardly ever had that ever since SG took over, and we still lack that - even though this season has been ravaged by injuries (namely Lawrence, Roofe, and Colak). Seeing Morelos jogging about make me cry for Defoe. On hindsight, what a guy we had there ...

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Are they "better coached"? I would simply say they have more effective players in particular positions.

If you put Kyogo and Jota in our side (in place of Morelos and Kent) we win the game IMO.

They are faster physically, faster mentally, stronger mentally, display better support play, are better organised, generally make better decisions, can make and take chances, and no-one seems to be in the huff, or dodging the column. All of which means that they are more effective as a team, and that, I would submit, indicates that they are better coached. 

They are far from unbeatable, I hasten to add. 

5 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

It's safe to say that Sakala has proven that he is not good enough. He has enthusiasm, energy and pace but he is just not clinical enough when we need him to be. 

Sakala's decision making is woeful.

Can't help but agree with all the foregoing.

However having been a critic of Motando today I thought he showed he might have something to offer during his time on pitch.

Alas I can't say same about Kent but it is possible he was pushed in too early after injury.

Reading of players linked I am unable to comment as I don't follow much other football especially at levels we are supposedly searching.