[FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Celtic

30 minutes ago, CammyF said:

But football is a result driven business. We are further behind. Look at the league table. They've beaten us in both domestic cups and are strolling to yet another treble. 

We continue to gift them points and trophies. At no point today did I think we'd go on and win the game, they have our number. 

They pressed us until we made a mistake, punished us and then just saw the game out. They are more streetwise than us.

It doesn't matter if their beating us 1-0 or 5-0 the undeniable fact is they continue to beat us with no evidence that we can stop them. 

Did you at any point today, during the 90mins, feel our players could have won us the game? 

We are defensively weak and our front 3 continue to make the wrong decisions. Our midfield were actually OK today, but created very little.

Huge changed required, but that won't happen overnight. All we have to look forward to is "nearly" beating them and them stacking up trophy after trophy. 

I get that football is results driven business but if GVB was still our manager the gap would be far bigger. 

17 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

So what’s the solution then? Sack the manager again? We’ve already got shot off one manager & also the DoF which a positive step IMO.

Reality is we’ve no serious money to spend and are looking for Bosmans as usual. Things are what they are unless a serious investor comes but would no doubt meet opposition from the usual suspects in our support 

Never said the solution is to sack the manager. I didn't agree with his appointment but can see why the board went for him. 

We are so far behind on and off the pitch it's frightening (and we are falling further behind). They will get automatic qualification to the CL and all the money that brings. 

They'll sell a few players for a profit and reinvest it back into their squad

We've gotten rid of all our sellable assets, we have no one who'll command a decent fee which means we are searching around in the bargain basements for a gem or two (and they are out there).

Other than major investment (which we are all wary of) there is nothing we can do, except of hoping we can unearth a few gems and turn the current players into fit / mobile versions who can concentrate for a full game and make more right than wrong decisions. 

It's a bleak outlook but the quicker we are honest with ourselves the better. 

16 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I get that football is results driven business but if GVB was still our manager the gap would be far bigger. 

So what you are really saying is that MB isn't better than Gio, just less worse? We are 12 points behind and they are on course for another treble. We've simply not closed the gap (it's widened), and don't look capable of beating them. 

37 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So what you are really saying is that MB isn't better than Gio, just less worse? We are 12 points behind and they are on course for another treble. We've simply not closed the gap (it's widened), and don't look capable of beating them. 

But what’s the solution? Another new manager?

9 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

But what’s the solution? Another new manager?

Not at this time. He has only signed two players, however his ability to rebuild will be hampered by the lack of funds available to him.

So we'll have the core of the same squad next season as we have now - can't say that gives me confidence in our ability to win the league 

9 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Not at this time. He has only signed two players, however his ability to rebuild will be hampered by the lack of funds available to him.

So we'll have the core of the same squad next season as we have now - can't say that gives me confidence in our ability to win the league 

A new striker with a proven record could make all the difference 

2 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

A new striker with a proven record could make all the difference 

They could, but they don't come cheaply. 

A goalie who can make saves, full backs who can stay switched on, midfield players who can create and finish chances - they can all make a difference. 

So much work for MB - don't envy him. 

I couldn't believe what I was watching when we conceded that goal.

Raskin, Kent, Barišić and Lundstram all watching the ball.

I think it's the worst goal I've ever seen us concede. The last 18 months have provided plenty to choose from but that still manages to be the worst.

Even if Raskin thinks he has fouled the player he should still be chasing the ball.