The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

18 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

With the usual YouTube caveats applied, he looks a big, silky, confident, hardy bastard. Not afraid to leave a boot in, or take a pass under pressure. Me likey.

My first impression was ... strong. Should collect at least three red cards by Xmas.

Have we ever signed a good player from the American league? Edu scored a memorable and very enjoyable goal but he was pretty average apart from that. Sands was ordinary, not the worst but not nothing special. The least said about Matt Polster the better. I'm surprised we're shopping there, it's a league that Lewis Morgan looks like a world beater in. 

22 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Have we ever signed a good player from the American league

Claudio Reyna was pretty decent, although I don't think we signed him straight from the US. 

i always thought that the club failed to even try to capitalise commercially on having Captain (of) America on the park. 

Maybe the current pursuit of Americans, or American League players, relates to that: it will help us sell tops in Toledo, sweaters in Sweewater, kits in Kansas, bunnets in Boston (well, maybe not that one)......

34 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

I'm afraid that

Eres tan Credula means 'You are so gullible', and

Tu eres un Padre, 'You are a father'.

But we're still looking to sign Yerdas Selzavon, though? Right?

I think people are assuming he’s strong because he’s [snip] tbh. His stats show he is actually pretty weak, very low success for duels when he has the ball and low across the board for defensive stats. I’m not overly convinced on this one, but his goals and assists stats are good and for little to no fee it does seem shrewd. 

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

Claudio Reyna was pretty decent, although I don't think we signed him straight from the US. 

i always thought that the club failed to even try to capitalise commercially on having Captain (of) America on the park. 

Maybe the current pursuit of Americans, or American League players, relates to that: it will help us sell tops in Toledo, sweaters in Sweewater, kits in Kansas, bunnets in Boston (well, maybe not that one)......

DaMarcus Beasley was pretty decent too. 

15 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I think people are assuming he’s strong because he’s [snip] tbh. His stats show he is actually pretty weak, very low success for duels when he has the ball and low across the board for defensive stats. I’m not overly convinced on this one, but his goals and assists stats are good and for little to no fee it does seem shrewd. 

Imo the fella Cifuentes gets away with 4 or 5 tackles in that video he would never get away with over here.