The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

So Sakala is worth 5m euros on transfermarkt which is about 4.3m pounds....

Would you sell for that to try and get better in the immediate and long term? To be honest I would trust the manager and recruitment team to get it right but right now we've got a player who's guaranteed Goals and Assists, is effective in 3 forward positions and is never injured. Tough one.

I think if we sold Sakala for 4.3 and got Luis Palma for what he's valued at which is broadly the same, fans would be chuffed. Hypothetically.

This would be the trading model working aswell, player comes in at a young age and for value (bosman) contributes positively for the team and gets sold for profit. I'd still try and get 5m+ though.

If he stays I'd be just as happy.

23 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Would you sell for that to try and get better in the immediate and long term? To be honest I would trust the manager and recruitment team to get it right but right now we've got a player who's guaranteed Goals and Assists, is effective in 3 forward positions and is never injured. Tough one.

I think if we sold Sakala for 4.3 and got Luis Palma for what he's valued at which is broadly the same, fans would be chuffed. Hypothetically.

This would be the trading model working aswell, player comes in at a young age and for value (bosman) contributes positively for the team and gets sold for profit. I'd still try and get 5m+ though.

If he stays I'd be just as happy.

First of all you have to find a buyer 

I'm watching Carlisle Utd vs Stockport County just now and have been to Brunton Park a couple of times recently - Carlisle's goalkeeper, Tomas Holy (Czech), makes a lot of good saves.  

And I say that as someone who has an inherent distaste for 'holy goalies'.  

Edited by Gonzo79

22 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm watching Carlisle Utd vs Stockport County just now and have been to Brunton Park a couple of times recently - Carlisle's goalkeeper, Tomas Holy (Czech), makes a lot of good saves.  

And I say that as someone who has an inherent distaste for 'holy goalies'.  

As long as he's not roly poly too then we're fine.

3 hours ago, yuddie said:

Always keep in mind: transfermarkt has these "market values" just to compare him to other, similar players. While they can count in various factors like league, team, goals scored, length of contract, they cannot and do not evaluate what he is "worth" for a team and what other teams are willing to pay. Thus, we can slap a 6 m fee on his head if we want to, and if people happen by and pay that fine. If teams come in with 4m and we deem that okay, so be it.

Seen that it's a 'nominal fee' by some and 'The Rangers Journal' have said it's 500k for Cifuentes, just a blog but I don't mind their content it seems pretty fair.

If it is nominal then that's a coup.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Josh Windass scored 123rd minute play-off winner for Sheffield Wednesday - bring him home.......😉

Fair play to him, he's had a very good season and what a way to end it.