The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, yuddie said:

It would be hilarious and brilliant if Lammers was mustard for us off the bat.

I'm going to back the lad to the hilt for the flack he's had without even kicking a ball for us. 

An overhead kick from outside the box in the 2nd minute of the season opener away to Aberdeen 😉

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

I've just read 4 pages of utter cock about statistics that no one can agree on? 

The close season can be unbearable at times.

Agreed, I'd much prefer to trust in Beale's judgement than try to prejudge a player based on some statistics that may or not be relevant, depending on how we're set up.

#Old school loyal

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

I've just read 4 pages of utter cock about statistics that no one can agree on? 

The close season can be unbearable at times.

The stats are the stats, I had a look at a youtube compilation of the boy the other day and he can play football. Regardless of the stats he produces for us it looks likely we will all enjoy watching him play.

11 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Agreed, I'd much prefer to trust in Beale's judgement than try to prejudge a player based on some statistics that may or not be relevant, depending on how we're set up.

#Old school loyal

It's no different to searching for clips on Youtube. It's only natural to look into what type of player we're signing. 

(For the avoidance of doubt: I have not prejudged any player. The only judging I've done is on their age profile, just because I'd prefer us not to sign older players, but that doesn't mean they can't be a success.)

Of course you can do some basic analysis and come to some conclusion and discuss it, otherwise we'd be as well as closing the forum and just agreeing with everything Beale says and does. There are basic facts out there that the boy has had an extremely barren last three seasons by even the worst standards, I hope he can turn it around because if he doesn't do it rapidly here then he will be chewed up.

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It's no different to searching for clips on Youtube

I dunno, as much as YT is easy to make someone look good, I think it's easier to see if they can actually perform.

I recall watching City in a CL game this season, Grealish didn't have much of a game, couldn't beat the full back, and so resorted to rolling the ball back to the area maybe 25 yards out, which resulted in DeBruyne having a few shots. This then translated to Grealish creating the most chances in the game, which he didn't really. 

Whilst I appreciate he held onto the ball, didn't run into a blind alley, I don't see that a dig from outside the box is a chance, even if it is KdB, but he stats will say different.

1 minute ago, Devil's advocaat said:

I dunno, as much as YT is easy to make someone look good, I think it's easier to see if they can actually perform.

I recall watching City in a CL game this season, Grealish didn't have much of a game, couldn't beat the full back, and so resorted to rolling the ball back to the area maybe 25 yards out, which resulted in DeBruyne having a few shots. This then translated to Grealish creating the most chances in the game, which he didn't really. 

Whilst I appreciate he held onto the ball, didn't run into a blind alley, I don't see that a dig from outside the box is a chance, even if it is KdB, but he stats will say different.

Of course it's a chance. That's a fact. Without that insignificant 5-yard pass, KdB doesn't have the shot.

You can go deeper, though, and look at xA. In your example I would presume the xA would be quite low; it's not likely to result in a quality chance.