The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

29 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

im worried about his xg

Worried about it being low? It is low, but that's explained by him being in a team that finished 20th, by quite some way. 

It doesn't really matter what the xG is. What matter is how it compares to his actual goals. You want someone that hits or over-performs their xG consistently.  

I wish I had Morelos' data in Finland. I would think that he would have a high xG, being in the top team, but his actual goals would be lower than his xG, because he's wasteful. 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I didn't look into his minutes and fitness issues. 

That's a wee bit worrying. 

I don't think we're going with wide forwards. 

I'm even starting to suspect we're not going with a main goalscorer; rather, we're expecting a number of players to chip in with a decent number of goals (10-15) - did you make that point before? 

He got the 9th highest number of minutes at Angers last season, but he got just over 2000 mins compared to 3200 mins from the player who played the most, despite availability to play being almost the same. I saw someone post a quote from the manager saying he was struggling a bit with fitness after his injury ravaged season at Stoke. If that’s the case, that’s possibly better than not playing as much because you aren’t performing. After a season of playing fairly regular football, he should be in a far better place this summer than last. 

You’re probably right about set up. More of a Christmas tree? If we sign Dessers, he's a 20 goals + player though. If not, Colak can be that player. 

One thing I do like about Sima is that he does seem a goalscorer, despite some very low xG and touches in the box last season. System could be to blame for that too. If you compare to some of the players from recent seasons he's certainly an improvement for goals. 

11 minutes ago, DMAA said:

He got the 9th highest number of minutes at Angers last season, but he got just over 2000 mins compared to 3200 mins from the player who played the most, despite availability to play being almost the same. I saw someone post a quote from the manager saying he was struggling a bit with fitness after his injury ravaged season at Stoke. If that’s the case, that’s possibly better than not playing as much because you aren’t performing. After a season of playing fairly regular football, he should be in a far better place this summer than last. 

You’re probably right about set up. More of a Christmas tree? If we sign Dessers, he's a 20 goals + player though. If not, Colak can be that player. 

One thing I do like about Sima is that he does seem a goalscorer, despite some very low xG and touches in the box last season. System could be to blame for that too. If you compare to some of the players from recent seasons he's certainly an improvement for goals. 

4-4-2 diamond is what MB was using towards the latter part of the season. 

A Christmas tree could be used too, as we do have a few #10s. 

I see us playing with two mobile, pressing forwards. Lammers suits that. Sima suits that too, being a winger and a striker. (It even suits Sakala and Matondo - even if the latter is not a forward.)

I would still like a goalscorer. 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

4-4-2 diamond is what MB was using towards the latter part of the season. 

A Christmas tree could be used too, as we do have a few #10s. 

I see us playing with two mobile, pressing forwards. Lammers suits that. Sima suits that too, being a winger and a striker. (It even suits Sakala and Matondo - even if the latter is not a forward.)

I would still like a goalscorer. 

I’m a big fan of that system in our league, and good pressing forwards would create a lot of opportunities for us and put loads of presssure on opposition defences. I've often been frustrated by our 1 up front approach because we just don't have enough players in and around the box and right on top of defenders. In an ideal world, I'd like a quality goalscorer brought in, maybe like Dessers although I find the fee very high. I also think Colak is underrated and has proven himself as a very clinical goalscorer. His goalscoring rate is excellent. 

Edited by DMAA

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

I’m a big fan of that system in our league, and good pressing forwards would create a lot of opportunities for us and out loads of presssure on opposition defences. I've often been frustrated by our 1 up front approach because we just don't have enough players in and around the box and right on top of defenders. In an ideal world, I'd like a quality goalscorer brought in, maybe like Dessers although I find the fee very high. I also think Colak is underrated and has proven himself as a very clinical goalscorer. His goalscoring rate is excellent. 

A Dessers-like player, but younger. :D