The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

By the way, if a big bid of £10m+ came in from Saudi for Tav I'd laugh, thank him and say goodbye and reinvest. It would be a blessing in disguise with that sort of money I think, even if Tav contributes 'numbers'.

6 minutes ago, yuddie said:

By the way, if a big bid of £10m+ came in from Saudi for Tav I'd laugh, thank him and say goodbye and reinvest. It would be a blessing in disguise with that sort of money I think, even if Tav contributes 'numbers'.

I'll drive him myself!

17 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Funny how we're looking for £10M for a player that is a "terrible" defender and "never a captain"? Wouldn't we accept a lot less?

For me, anything around £10M for any of our players is a must take offer.

Kamara is another one SG might look to take off our hands.

Edited by CammyF

I asked Joost to run the stats on Dowell. matches up with what it looked like from YouTube. A goalscorer and very creative too. Would struggle as an 8 though. 

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Funny how we're looking for £10M for a player that is a "terrible" defender and "never a captain"? Wouldn't we accept a lot less?

For me, anything around £10M for any of our players is a must take offer.

Kamara is another one SG might look to take off our hands.

I mean, aye. I'd take £5m for Tav within the realms of the non-saudi transfer market but that's why I called it a 'big bid'.

£10m+ gives you a chance to look into good prospects like Max Johnston or Conor Bradley, or some good level senior players.

From Daily Record.

Rangers are hoping to tap into the Saudi oil money well as former boss Steven Gerrard prepared a £2m offer for winger Scott Wright.

Record Sport understands newly appointed El-Attifaq manager Gerrard has placed Wright’s name on a list of targets after agreeing to make the switch to the Middle East earlier this week on the same day as Celtic winger Jota. And the player’s advisers have already been contacted by representatives of the Pro League outfit - as well as at least one rival Saudi club - who are looking to thrash out a deal before the end of this week.

Gerrard signed Wright as a free agent from Aberdeen during his time in charge of the Ibrox club and, despite keeping him on the fringes of his first team at that time, he is now ready to splash some cash to make the 25-year-old one of his first new recruits. Wright is deemed surplus to requirements by current Rangers boss Michael Beale who is in the middle of overseeing a major summer rebuild of the squad he inherited from Giovanni van Bronckhorst.

Beale is expected to confirm on Wednesday that Nigerian international Cyriel Dessers will become his sixth signing of the summer. Any cash he raises from sales will be ploughed back into his existing pot.

Rangers top brass have also been alerted to reports that Gerrard could be plotting a move for skipper James Tavernier. But Record Sport understands that neither the club nor Tavernier’s agents have received any contact to discuss a possible switch.