The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

6 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think the club should either release full contract details for any player we take on loan or just ban loan deals because of the confusion and division they cause.

I'm joking, of course.

Details help to clarify things.

That goes for injuries too.

If I hear the word 'knock' one more time I'm gonna strangle a kitten. 

Everything is so unnecessarily cryptic. 

Edited by Malangsob

19 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Details help to clarify things.

That goes for injuries too.

If I hear the work 'knock' one more time I'm gonna strangle a kitten. 

Everything is so unnecessarily cryptic. 

Professional football in the UK mate, look at how our Women's team are front and centre of producing content for the club (whether you like them or not) whilst our Men's team will do a 'Getting To Know...' when they sign and then nothing until they leave. Similar with Premier league clubs as well, they're all frightened to death of something being taken the wrong way or a bad comment and if it does happen they batten down the hatches.

Example being of Pep Lijnders shouting 'EVERTON!' during a Liverpool training session when Divock Origi scored (he had a habit of scoring against them), the comments loved it but it gained traction and they cut it out. Zero risk zero personalities. They seem to think swearing in an interview when they've won something is stellar content these days.

I was watching McCoist showing off his MBE in the dressing room on repeat the other day, that's the content I'd love to see. Get the lads teasing Steve Davis for his MBE. Sigh.

Rant over haha.

Edited by yuddie

2 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Professional football in the UK mate, look at how our Women's team are front and centre of producing content for the club (whether you like them or not) whilst our Men's team will do a 'Getting To Know...' when they sign and then nothing until they leave. Similar with Premier league clubs as well, they're all frightened to death of something being taken the wrong way or a bad comment and if it does happen they batten down the hatches.

Example being of Pep Lijnders shouting 'EVERTON!' during a Liverpool training session when Divock Origi scored (he had a habit of scoring against them), the comments loved it but it gained traction and they cut it out. Zero risk zero personalities. They seem to think swearing in an interview when they've won something is stellar content these days.

I was watching McCoist showing off his MBE in the dressing room on repeat the other day, that's the content I'd love to see. Get the lads teasing Steve Davis after he was honoured. Sigh.

Rant over haha.

Yeah bro.

Totally sanitized, risk, and controversy averse. 

I don't think I will ever get used to it.  I grew up watching American sports, obviously. If a player was injured in the first half, inning, period, you pretty much knew by game end what the injury was. The next day you would know the exact injury and how long he would be out. You could damned near set your watch to it as well. It wasn't just filler, it was quality stuff. I mean we are talking down to the degree of a shoulder separation, high ankle sprain, strain, tear...treatments.

Same with contracts, salaries...free agency...the whole nine.

Do we NEED to know that? No, but it helps to gauge in the mind where your team are sitting. Just a little?

UK sports are an information void, save for a few amorphous terms thrown around with little thought...'Loan...knock...agreed to terms.' Unless of course a player says a 'meany word' or something salacious. Then the press and opposing fans are shrieking like seagulls chasing a trawler. Every detail breathed over like a SCOTUS case. Don't get me wrong I love the sport. It is the most addicting thing imaginable but the information quality is putrid.

Definitely a lord and serf relationship. 

Rant over as well. 

9 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Yeah bro.

Totally sanitized, risk, and controversy averse. 

I don't think I will ever get used to it.  I grew up watching American sports, obviously. If a player was injured in the first half, inning, period, you pretty much knew by game end what the injury was. The next day you would know the exact injury and how long he would be out. You could damned near set your watch to it as well. It wasn't just filler, it was quality stuff. I mean we are talking down to the degree of a shoulder separation, high ankle sprain, strain, tear...treatments.

Same with contracts, salaries...free agency...the whole nine.

Do we NEED to know that? No, but it helps to gauge in the mind where your team are sitting. Just a little?

We've got a thing called GDPR here that means that we can't always give out all that information.

30 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

We've got a thing called GDPR here that means that we can't always give out all that information.

In fairness the information void was in existence prior to GDPR was legislated

3 hours ago, craig said:

Any chance you can change your posting style R_S ? you have reverted back to those one word responses which add absolutely zero to the discussion - and if you are just being facetious I don't think it is working the way you intended :thup:

No.