The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

He'll have a club sorted out. 

He's gone, let it go, move on. 

I'm ready to move on.

I just need to be sure that he is really gone.

I'm having nightmares about him being unable to find a club and then re-signing for reduced wages.

59 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Cifuentes will be a disaster

On no evidence other than his current sphere of operation, I have a feeling you could be right. But you’re a knowledgeable fellow so tell us what more you know

13 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Calcio Mercato not the most accurate organisation, so Dessers still a possibility?

Rangers handed Cyriel Dessers deal lifeline after ‘several six-figure bids’ in latest striker transfer twist

David Oliver

Published: 23:15, 21 Jun 2023

Updated: 23:16, 21 Jun 2023

RANGERS transfer roller-coaster took a dip when Cyriel Dessers 'rejected' a move to Scotland yesterday.

But the chase for the Nigerian frontman is not over, according to a report.

Dessers DOES want to talk to Michael Beale, a new report claimsCredit: Getty

The striker had reportedly rejected RangersCredit: Getty

Infact the 28-year-old is reportedly 'keen' on a move to Ibrox this summerand awaiting further club contact.

However the two sides do appear to be far apart in their valuations and the Gers have been unable to strike a deal with Cremonese for their second Serie A target so far.

But after recruiting Dutch link-up man Sam Lammers from AtalantaMichael Beale has been hoping to find him a new strike partner to bolster his attacking options.

Reports on Tuesday suggested Dessers had declined a move to the Gers and the deal was dead.

However alternative reports in Italy have since surfaced and say he is awaiting more talks.

The Daily Record claims Dessers remains keen and is waiting on Rangers' follow-up offer with sources close to the deal saying he wants to play in the Champions League.

But they say Rangers have submitted several 'six-figure' offers to the relegated Lombardy side who paid £6.5m for the striker from Genk and are holding out to recoup as much of the cash as they can.

He hit seven goals in 29 times as his side slumped to Serie B last season, but was prolific the year prior at Feyenoord - particularly in Europe.

Dessers has been identified as a long-term target of Michael Beale's and was expected to be his fifth recruit following Kieran Dowall, Jack Butland, Dujon Sterling and Lammers.

The Gers have already seen five first team players depart in AllanMcgregor, Filip Helander, Scott Arfield, Ryan Kent and Alfredo Morelos.

So far only Arfield and Kent have secured deals elsewhere, at FC Charlotteand Fenerbahce respectively.

Antonio Colak remains at the club and is determined to be fighting fit when he returns for pre-season.

He's been spotted on honeymoon and on holiday working out - even donning the club's training gear for workouts in the sun as he readies himself to hit the ground running when the squad sessions resume nextmonth.

14 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Without Tillman I don’t think we reach the CL group stages or win as many games domestically. It’s a nice fantasy to think we could have just played Lowry instead but the fact of the matter is he is miles off a Tillman.

Or we could have acquired other talent that would have been a year forward by now?
The more I read and hear about this it appears there may have been some type of contract dispute in the end between RFC and BM. It appears they just threw some cash at, and Rangers accepted in lieu of…

I find this a highly likely scenario as we seem to employ Lionel Hutz as counsel. 
Either way…. It is done.

Better days ahead.

Thanks bud.

I think the club should either release full contract details for any player we take on loan or just ban loan deals because of the confusion and division they cause.

I'm joking, of course.