The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

If you want to get loan players from clubs in the big leagues, you probably have to take a hit on certain aspects of the deal.  

I don't think Rangers are in much of a position to dictate terms to the likes of Bayern Munich.  

I'm not sure Tillman is keen to move to Scotland permanently and even less sure about whether I'd want us to spend £5m on him. 

12 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I agree but surely the T&C’s of his return should have been watertight when we originally took him on loan?

Another failing by our former DoF ?

Lots of things should have been but we can't turn back time so what's done is done. Only the future matters.

24 minutes ago, yuddie said:

We're not in for Douvikas by the way, in case any of you saw the rumours going around that we're submitting a bid.

I'll link an article from The RR, apologies if it's behind a paywall. H&H and a few others have debunked it as well, not sure if fan media is totally reliable but some do seem more reliable than actual journos these days!

https://www.rangersreview.co.uk/features/23599949.anastasios-douvikas-rangers-transfer-links-cleared/

I can’t see us paying what Utrecht want in all honesty. I think that dictates our level of interest in this player.

4 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

After his goal against almighty San Marino at international level, interest in Glen Kamara is sure not dwindling. Whether links to Spain, France, and England will bear any fruit remains to be seen, as we supposedly have put a 5m price on his head. We can only dream ... and wish him well.

On a reported 20k per week I think its less important about getting a big fee for him and more about freeing up the wage. Would take half that to move him on. Would still be a fantastic bit of business given how much we paid.