The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

3 hours ago, CammyF said:

I was at a Q&A run by my local RSC and Ian Durrant and Derek Ferguson were the guests. Both spoke brilliantly and passionately about their times at Rangers.

Derek mentioned Lewis and said Rangers never enquired (Celtic did but he'd never condsider joining them) and he is loving his time abroad. Said Rangers would be only team he'd return to Scotland for but would also like a crack at EPL.

We missed a trick in my opinion, but we move on.

When LF signed a contract extension at Aberdeen it virtually ruled out any move to Rangers. Aberdeen could then sell him to whoever they wanted & at whatever price 

Ferguson never impressed me that much when he was at Aberdeen. He didn't represent good value for money, but the fact that he seems to be flourishing in Italy suggests that I either missed his good games or I'm not as good a judge of a player as I thought I was.  Probably a bit of both. 

44 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Ferguson never impressed me that much when he was at Aberdeen. He didn't represent good value for money, but the fact that he seems to be flourishing in Italy suggests that I either missed his good games or I'm not as good a judge of a player as I thought I was.  Probably a bit of both. 

Maybe SerieA not as good as it was has a lot to do with it

Serie A is the best league to watch these days.  It's the opposite of what one would expect of Italian football - end to end, lots of goals and unexpected incidents.  

I know I'm sort of arguing with myself here but Ferguson must be a decent player if he's doing well over there.  

55 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

What if he signed and was outstanding for us? He's playing in a league miles above us and catching the eye. 

I have had plenty of time to see him play over here and just never thought he was good enough for Rangers. He's no Cantwell, Hagi or Tillman imo.

So there we have it - the truth laid bare before us - Lewis Ferguson isn’t good enough for Rangers, he has the wrong relatives and any hacker could flourish in Italian football.

There’s nothing like blind prejudice for removing doubt.😂