The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

4 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

One problem we have with buying players from the likes of Aberdeen and Hibs is they'll charge us more.  

I didn't want Ferguson, mainly because of the utter drivel his dad and uncle spout via Scotland’s tabloid media.  The whole family can sod off, as far as I'm concerned. 

What a weird comment. You do know that Sam Lammars uncle once stated that Rembrant was an amateur and Johan Cruyff was overrated. Get him to f**k based on your logic. 

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

You do know that Sam Lammars uncle once stated that Rembrant was an amateur and Johan Cruyff was overrated. Get him to f**k based on your logic. 

Can anyone tell me the connection between Rembrant or Cruyff and Rangers?

I'm on tenterhooks... 🤣

I was at a Q&A run by my local RSC and Ian Durrant and Derek Ferguson were the guests. Both spoke brilliantly and passionately about their times at Rangers.

Derek mentioned Lewis and said Rangers never enquired (Celtic did but he'd never condsider joining them) and he is loving his time abroad. Said Rangers would be only team he'd return to Scotland for but would also like a crack at EPL.

We missed a trick in my opinion, but we move on.

Edited by CammyF

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Almost as bizarre as correlating the opinions of ex-players and your clubs transfer business. 

When the ex-players, who are close relatives of the player in question, are constantly spouting garbage in the papers?

Aberdeen would've ripped us off to sign Ferguson.  Rangers managers weren't interested or were interested but were put off for whatever reason and his close relatives aren't to be trusted with inside info. 

You lot can whine and moan all you like but I, for one, am glad he's nowhere near our club.  

We can't afford him now, so it's an irrelevance.

Edited by Gonzo79

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

I was at a Q&A run by my local RSC and Ian Durrant and Derek Ferguson were the guests. Both spoke brilliantly and passionately about their times at Rangers.

Derek mentioned Lewis and said Rangers never enquired (Celtic did but he'd never condsider joining them) and he is loving his time abroad. Said Rangers would be only team he'd return to Scotland for but would also like a crack at EPL.

We missed a trick in my opinion, but we move on.

It was obvious some of our fans just couldn't see past the Aberdeen connection. That's how petty it gets. He could well be the best domestic player to slip through our fingers in years.

33 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

When the ex-players, who are close relatives of the player in question, are constantly spouting garbage in the papers?

Aberdeen would've ripped us off to sign Ferguson.  Rangers managers weren't interested or were interested but were put off for whatever reason and his close relatives aren't to be trusted with inside info. 

You lot can whine and moan all you like but I, for one, am glad he's nowhere near our club.  

We can't afford him now, so it's an irrelevance.

You lot?

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

You lot?

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

'You lot' just means anyone who disagrees with me.  ie. Thickos, idiots, muppets, cucks, quislings and dafties.   I won't denigrate you though, I'm above that sort of thing.