The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Another failing by our former DoF?

I think it's a result from him, if the provision was part of the deal and wasn't subsequently negotiated.

I guess Bayern held the cards when doing the original deal and may have had this inserted into the deal and there was nothing done about it, although maybe they've asked us to change the deal and it's something that suits both parties. Tillman didn't appear that keen on signing for us so best to get some cash in the door instead.

48 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I think it's a result from him, if the provision was part of the deal and wasn't subsequently negotiated.

I guess Bayern held the cards when doing the original deal and may have had this inserted into the deal and there was nothing done about it, although maybe they've asked us to change the deal and it's something that suits both parties. Tillman didn't appear that keen on signing for us so best to get some cash in the door instead.

Interesting perspective, you could well be right

18 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

If you want to get loan players from clubs in the big leagues, you probably have to take a hit on certain aspects of the deal.  

I don't think Rangers are in much of a position to dictate terms to the likes of Bayern Munich.  

I'm not sure Tillman is keen to move to Scotland permanently and even less sure about whether I'd want us to spend £5m on him. 

It’s been a great loan for us because we’ve shown Bayern and other elite clubs that we can be trusted with their players and make them wanted across Europe. I hope we go back to Bayern for another loan.