[FT] Rangers 1 (Cantwell 65') - 0 Aberdeen

2 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Singing a song which asks a celestial sky fairy to save an entitled pensioner who rides a gold carriage and wears a crown of jewels is also bit weird tbh.

You could apply that to any modern day mainstream music to be fair mate, for example I’m pretty sure John Lennon was neither an egg man nor a walrus. not sure I think it’s good enough reasoning to exhibit disingenuous behaviour. 

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

13 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Be inventive. Play Wright in a central role? Promote a B striker? Play Tav up top?  Anyone but Morelos. Anyone that can run. 

I think that's partly why he went with a front two of Matondo and Sakala yesterday, despite neither being strikers. 

20 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think that's partly why he went with a front two of Matondo and Sakala yesterday, despite neither being strikers. 

To be fair to both players, it worked sometimes. Considering they've never played that way before you could see some glimmer if an understanding. Ultimately their lack of quality (and confidence) let them down.

Personally I would have Wright in a central role to give their CBs something to think about. 

Interesting debate about Beale's comments on Morelos yesterday. After another underwhelming contribution from Sakala, I do wonder if this was a throw of the dice from Beale to get a reaction and one last big hour out of Morelos from the start this weekend. Seems the only logical explanation for me.

In general, I've not been impressed with Beale's handling of the media. I don't mind his honesty as such but the contradictions and various other clumsy contributions need work. Perhaps the lack of senior, experienced PR at the club worth of attention too? Food for thought.

15 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Biggest positive for me yesterday was Ridvan who really grew into the game and did very well after a quiet first 10 or 15mins.

A very different type of player to Barisic and someone I think could be very useful if we can adapt to his strengths.

Agree 100%. He was always looking forward which pleases me. With more games and confidence, hopefully we can see why we invested heavily in him. 

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

Interesting debate about Beale's comments on Morelos yesterday. After another underwhelming contribution from Sakala, I do wonder if this was a throw of the dice from Beale to get a reaction and one last big hour out of Morelos from the start this weekend. Seems the only logical explanation for me.

In general, I've not been impressed with Beale's handling of the media. I don't mind his honesty as such but the contradictions and various other clumsy contributions need work. Perhaps the lack of senior, experienced PR at the club worth of attention too? Food for thought.

Hopefully he will learn. Remember SG had over 15 years of media training in his locker before becoming a manager. And it showed.