Should we sign Malik Tillman?

Tillman ?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign Malik Tillman ?

• Bloody right we should
    • On yer bike ya dafty

He's arguably the only match winner we had this season, and arguably POTY. 

He's still young and learning, not unlike Aribo and Bassey and look at the way they progressed, and Tillman probably had more potential.

Aribo struggled with OF games in his first season and learned a lot and I'd hope that Tillman could progress and be able to shine in these games. 

It is a lot of cash and it is a risk but if we can afford it then I'd say go for it. 

It’s not as easy as a yes or no for me sorry to be that guy.

is he 5 million out of a 20 million budget on 15k a week? Buy.

is he 5 million out of a 10 million budget on 30k per week? Not sure given how much we need to recruit this summer.

does he even want to come? I don’t think so.

£5M is a bit pricey for us. 
He can play a bit, but he does need time on the ball, gets no protection from what passes for referees in SCO, and he probably thinks the standard of the SPL is scheisse. 
He can go. No reason to hold him prisoner, unless there is a profitable back to back with an EPL, or Spanish, team, on the cards. I am not sure if he has been so much a standout (best, or thereabouts, of a bad lot, really) as to make this a possibility, far less a a probability. 

As much as the criticism about his performances in some big games are valid, there's no doubting the lad's ability and, over the piece, he's had a fine first full season in a first team.  As such, in a normal world where you're looking to add 2-3 genuine quality players as opposed to 10 new players, I'd definitely sign him.

Unfortunately there are a two main problems.

1) I'm not sure he wants to be here and he's never been positive about staying when asked so I think the argument is moot.

2) Even if he did/does want to come, the fee is a lot of money for us but I think we'd make it back and more in the future. However, in a summer where the manager has conceded the size of the rebuild is huge then that £5m can be used to buy two more 'ready' players; not one with potential.

On 06/05/2023 at 14:11, Bill said:

I don't think he's committed to delivering the level of graft we need in this league.

Oh stop. 

Leads the team in tackles...second on the team in fouls drawn, third in interceptions, leads the team in fouls given, but not in yellow cards.

This kid is a midfielder...that is 'getting stuck in'...full stop.

Was the leading tackler in the cup game against them...despite being injured in like the 60th minute or something?

All this bullshit about graft, and not doing the hard yards, or work off the ball is just that. 

On 06/05/2023 at 14:53, Bluedell said:

He's arguably the only match winner we had this season, and arguably POTY. 

He's still young and learning, not unlike Aribo and Bassey and look at the way they progressed, and Tillman probably had more potential.

Aribo struggled with OF games in his first season and learned a lot and I'd hope that Tillman could progress and be able to shine in these games. 

It is a lot of cash and it is a risk but if we can afford it then I'd say go for it. 

The truth is that we have sticker shock so instead of just saying..."Not this year Marge" people are playing the "We're a higher standard." line.

Which is disingenuous and a copout. 

That kid is 20 firiggin years old.

What other 20 years olds on this team can play like that?

Not a damned one.

Beale even stated he was the most talented young player he has ever dealt with at the club.

Hello McFly...he worked with both Bassey and Patterson.

I would rob a bank to keep that kid.