[FT] St Mirren 0 - 3 Rangers (Sakala 26, 48; Colak 77)

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Time to switch over for the play-off final. 

I can't think of many fans who've been dragged through more shit than the followers of Coventry City. For that reason alone I hope they make it today.

30 minutes ago, Bill said:

I can't think of many fans who've been dragged through more shit than the followers of Coventry City. For that reason alone I hope they make it today.

But Luton play in orange, so... :D

What a final that was, totally engrossed me, and thoughts go out to the young guy who missed the penalty,but you could see in his eyes he was like a rabbit caught in car headlights----utterly petrified.

Returning to the original post(St Boo 0 Rangers 3) it was good to see us finishing the season strongly.

5 wins out of 5 post split were denied by a late, late goal by hertz last Wednesday in time added on upon time added on(4th official showed 3 mins & they scored in the 94th)

Since the turn of the year there have been some encouraging signs……

Both the Cantwell & Raskin signings have been good so far. 
McCrorie has shown he might be able to replace McGregor(if he can stop flapping at crosses)

Souttar has been exceptional since coming into the side. So much so maybe Goldson might start to get worried if we sign a left sided CB to replace Davies who may head back south if the rumours I’ve heard are true. The only concern about Souttar is whether he can play 50 odd games per season.

Sakala seems to have found a bit of goal scoring form.

RidvannYilmaz  looks comfortable at LB although if Galatasaray make a decent offer(as rumoured) he might go

MB has made a good impact by steadying a rudderless ship. We ended up with 92 league pts which in most normal leagues ( other than the SPFL) we would’ve been champions. However MB does need more OF wins. Had we got Cantwell & Raskin signed earlier in January they might have started the LC final. Maybe that’s something our ex-DoF could tell us about.

A few good signings over the summer & we’ll be better prepared for the new season than we’ve been for the past 2. And(hopefully) we won’t need to make it 3IAR changing the manager 3 or 4 months into the new season. 🤓

Edited by RANGERRAB

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

Returning to the original post(St Boo 0 Rangers 3) it was good to see us finishing the season strongly.

5 wins out of 5 post split were denied by a late, late goal by hertz last Wednesday in time added on upon time added on(4th official showed 3 mins & they scored in the 94th)

Since the turn of the year there have been some encouraging signs……

Both the Cantwell & Raskin signings have been good so far. 
McCrorie has shown he might be able to replace McGregor(if he can stop flapping at crosses)

Souttar has been exceptional since coming into the side. So much so maybe Goldson might start to get worried if we sign a left sided CB to replace Davies who may head back south if the rumours I’ve heard are true. The only concern about Souttar is whether he can play 50 odd games per season.

Sakala seems to have found a bit of goal scoring form.

RidvannYilmaz  looks comfortable at LB although if Galatasaray make a decent offer(as rumoured) he might go

MB has made a good impact by steadying a rudderless ship. We ended up with 92 league pts which in most normal leagues ( other than the SPFL) we would’ve been champions. However MB does need more OF wins. Had we got Cantwell & Raskin signed earlier in January they might have started the LC final. Maybe that’s something our ex-DoF could tell us about.

A few good signings over the summer & we’ll be better prepared for the new season than we’ve been for the past 2. And(hopefully) we won’t need to make it 3IAR changing the manager 3 or 4 months into the new season. 🤓

I think things look positive. I can at least see what Beale is trying to do by what's happening on the pitch, who he has already signed and who we are being linked with. Beale obviously likes a flexible "hybrid" type player. 

I think Beale has gained 59 pts from a possible 69 since arriving. That's not bad for a manager coming in mid season. If we can iron out those bumps we won't be far away next season IMO.

57 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I think things look positive. I can at least see what Beale is trying to do by what's happening on the pitch, who he has already signed and who we are being linked with. Beale obviously likes a flexible "hybrid" type player. 

I think Beale has gained 59 pts from a possible 69 since arriving. That's not bad for a manager coming in mid season. If we can iron out those bumps we won't be far away next season IMO.

We need a new focal point within the squad, a new captain.