Rangers 0 : 0 Barca - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Cousin was excellent for me tonight, Cuellar was a close second.

The whole team were marvellous tonight. We knew we had to frustrate them and absorb their attacks and we did just that. I'm not too bothered that we didn't try to attack them too much, as far as I'm concerned we got this performance spot on.

Sorry Wij\jim i don't get that we were so good. Barcelona had almost a training session. For most of the game we were pinned in our own penalty box. I am actually a bit embarrassed we played the way we did. We defended one 100% that is certain but to say we were 10\9.5 out of 10 is taking it a bit far in my eyes.

Sorry i will take this back a bit as it sounds very negative but we were good in the first 10mins and last 20mins but i really believe if we had a bit more confidence on the ball and more important running into good positions off the ball then we could have done better. as Terry Butcher said it looked like we were thinking we have got the ball let's all stop and take a break. I mean this positively, i really feel we could have done so much better tonight.

Tough tough choice but seen as Cousin was up all on his own and put in one massive shift I'll give it to him.

I thought the back 4 were superb. Weir and Carlos won loads of headers, Papac did very well also and Ive already praised Hutton on another thread. And Huttons save in the first half would have made John Terry proud :)

Thomson got stuck in well in midfield and whereas against Celtic I thought his play was simple but ineffective I thought the opposite last night - very effective, shame about his booking which rules him out of the next game.

Ferguson started the game brightly but didnt get on the ball as much in the 2nd half. I think this was due to him playing 10 yards further up the park hoping to get on a break, plus he was probably breathing out his ass after the running he did on Sunday.

Nacho, Adam and McCulloch got stuck in well and the latter 2 defended very well.

Cousin ran his socks off and won loads of balls and free kicks in their half.

All in all the team got a deserved battling draw IMO. Ok Barca had about 17 shots but nothing was on target.

Sorry i will take this back a bit as it sounds very negative but we were good in the first 10mins and last 20mins but i really believe if we had a bit more confidence on the ball and more important running into good positions off the ball then we could have done better. as Terry Butcher said it looked like we were thinking we have got the ball let's all stop and take a break. I mean this positively, i really feel we could have done so much better tonight.

Do you not think that if we committed people forward we would have ran the risk of leaving ourself open at the other end, especially with the pace they had.

I was arguing with a guy in the Govan last night, hes shouting abuse at the team for not attacking more, FFS we werent playing Gretna last night, Barca's front 3 arent worth over 100 million for nothing.

For me Walter got it spot on.

P.S. Cousin MOTM for me, he was superb.

Do you not think that if we committed people forward we would have ran the risk of leaving ourself open at the other end, especially with the pace they had.

I was arguing with a guy in the Govan last night, hes shouting abuse at the team for not attacking more, FFS we werent playing Gretna last night, Barca's front 3 arent worth over 100 million for nothing.

totally agree - the only time we looked really like losing a goal was on the break. it wasnt pretty to watch, but who cares, man? we hard arguably the better of the chances from open play. whats the point in all that possession if you aren't cutting the other team open with it?

you take every single point you can get in the champions league.

I don't see what the point is in getting into the CL just to sit in our own penalty area. We proved in the first 10 and last 20 minutes that we could match them. Surely the reason of playing CL football is to play against teams like Barcelona and try to match them or even beat them. Seemingly our vision is now to get to the CL, pick up 10mill, defend our penalty area so as we don't lose a goal and everyone is happy if we beat Celtic.

Sorry that is not my vision i come from the era when we took on these teams and very often beat them.

This was a chance missed to see how good we really are.

Unfortunately money has become more important than sporting achievement in the CL

Just my opinion.