Rangers 0 : 0 Barca - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

I don't see what the point is in getting into the CL just to sit in our own penalty area.

I thought that too and was raging when we played 1 up against Stuttgart but we won so I was happy. Against Lyon it was never in any doubt how many we'd play up front but we won again. Last night we were playing probably one of the best team sin europe and we drew with them.

The tactic can be boring at times but as long as it works then it's successful. Just don't use it in the SPL, especially with Boyd playing the lone striker. :devil:

Pete we were playing Barcelona ffs. If somebody had said to us before the game there's a 0-0 draw take it - we would have snatched their hand off. I couldn't really care less how we did it and as someone has already said RB I think, we did have chances ourselves especially near the end. How many times in the SPL have we moaned about teams doing exactly what we did against Barca and then being over the moon with it. Thats exactly what we did and this bear for one is delighted:)

I don't see what the point is in getting into the CL just to sit in our own penalty area. We proved in the first 10 and last 20 minutes that we could match them. Surely the reason of playing CL football is to play against teams like Barcelona and try to match them or even beat them. Seemingly our vision is now to get to the CL, pick up 10mill, defend our penalty area so as we don't lose a goal and everyone is happy if we beat Celtic.

Sorry that is not my vision i come from the era when we took on these teams and very often beat them.

This was a chance missed to see how good we really are.

Unfortunately money has become more important than sporting achievement in the CL

Just my opinion.

I disagree as I look at it as we are in the comp to do as best we can.

Its no longer a knock out competition now. If it was then I can see the argument for having a go at Barca in a one-off game. But its a group stage now and its all about accumulating points.

Whether it should be a group stage of a knock out competition is another argument but we should be aiming to finish as high as we can in the group and if that means a backs to the wall performance against the big boys (while already beating the other 2 teams) then I'll take that.

Ps In this era we arent a match for them financially due to the scottish league being on stand still during the 90s. Also we are coming off the back of a poor period and are still re-building.

Under current circumstances a draw against barca is a great result in the same way as our results against Lyon and Stuugart, Scotlands double v France and Celtics win over AC.

That was a massive point IMO,Barca are one of the favs to win the competition and before a ball was kicked I would have taken a point,and we're still top of the league with Barca

not good enough for some on here by the looks of it Ian!!!

Who do some fans think we are :confused:

You could see the class in their team but we worked very hard and got a great result which will go a long way to help us hopefully qualify. Do you want us to go for it and get stuffed 4-0 :confused:

:box:

You could see the class in their team but we worked very hard and got a great result which will go a long way to help us hopefully qualify. Do you want us to go for it and get stuffed 4-0 :confused:

too right! this a fooking fantastic result! 100 mils worth of talent gliding its way towards you and we stood firm.

MOAN THE GERS. :cheers:

Thats the great thing about the Gersnet everyone is entitled to an opinion. If you think Rangers played brilliant that is your opinion and i respect that.

I think we defended brilliantly but as in a normal football game should be played we weren't at the races. Yes the result was OK, not great as a win would have probably put us through to the next round.I honestly believe with a bit more confidence we could have taken more from that game and making a forward movement doesn't automatically result in a 4-0 defeat as far as i know.(looking at the half empty glass on that one,mate)

At what price of players do we start playing?

Oh shit they have 5x 20mil players lets not come out the area.:confused:

I am not saying we didn't have to defend like that yesterday as we were pushed back at times. I am saying when we had the ball we could have been a little braver which would have taken a little pressure off the defence as well.

In my eyes Barcelona were not that brilliant certainly not 100mil better.

Gribz you are right you do have to play a group stage different as a knock-out,i just found it a bit too negative.

none of us will complain if that point is the point that sees us safely into the last 16.

Another way to look at it is that Barcelona could reasonably be expected to win all of their group games so if we are the only team to take a point off them then we are 1 point ahead of the other 2 teams already and given that we have also beaten the other 2 teams it puts us in a strong position.

Lets not forget that Barcelona went to Stuttgart and won reasonably comfortably so taking a point is a great result.

The performance may not have been to some people's liking as you always would prefer that you go out and attack teams - however, we have played with a solidity in the CL with that 4-5-1 formation this year and we almost snatched a goal near the end - sometimes making yourself hard to break down brings the other team onto you and opens things up at the back - seemed to me we had some pretty decent chances ourselves and with a bit of luck could have been celebrating a win last night (but likewise could have lost too given the possession Barca had).