You're Fan-tastic

RANGERS Chief Executive Martin Bain today praised the Club's supporters for creating an 'outstanding Champions League atmosphere ' against Barcelona at Ibrox.

He said the Rangers fans ensured that Ibrox was seen 'at its very best' and the supporters provided a massive boost to the team.

The chief executive said: "Our fans deserve real credit for the effort they put in to create another outstanding Champions League atmosphere at Ibrox.

"The players have asked me to convey their thanks to the fans for their tremendous support. It really makes a difference to the team to have the whole stadium in full voice.

"Our supporters put an enormous amount of work into creating a card display which reflected the visitors are 'more than a club' and that they feel the same way about Rangers.

"They also made sure the atmosphere was kept up throughout the game which was a great boost to the team and showed Ibrox as an excellent arena for these big games. It was a very good night all round for Rangers."

Mr Bain also paid tribute to Rangers fans groups for launching their 'Champions League - We're Having a Ball" campaign to celebrate the Club's two glamour games against Barcelona.

He said: "The fans are determined to create a party atmosphere around these games and Barcelona is a special place for our Club. To see the Barcelona supporters applauding the Rangers fans at full time was fantastic.

"The 'Having a Ball' campaign deserves the full support of every Rangers fan and everyone associated with the Club."

:cheers:

I might be the only one but i thought certin parts of the match ie when barca had posession of the ball, the ibrox atmosphere was pretty much dull as dish water. at the start and at the end end was fantastic but at times it reminded me of those old spl matches.

SOMETHING drastic has to be done about the atmosphere.

I might be the only one but i thought certin parts of the match ie when barca had posession of the ball, the ibrox atmosphere was pretty much dull as dish water. at the start and at the end end was fantastic but at times it reminded me of those old spl matches.

SOMETHING drastic has to be done about the atmosphere.

It sounded pretty quiet on the telly but that doesn't mean it wasn't electric in the stadium.

It's good to get some praise ... i thought the fans were superb last night, and it is nice to see that the dubious songs seem to have all but disappeared

However, it's just a shame we continue to let ourselves down by singing the pointless Big Jock Knew song. I know i will more than likely be flamed sometime soon, and someone will come on and tell me they sing it to try and raise the issue - well, how come i hardly heard the song last night, but it was belting out against Celtic?

Time to grow up and stop kidding yourselves on guys, we've come a long way so let's not ruin things!

It's good to get some praise ... i thought the fans were superb last night, and it is nice to see that the dubious songs seem to have all but disappeared

It still annoys me that follow follow seems to go into a lull when it gets to the ****** or more correctly the " Aberdeen and back again " section. How hard is it so sing the correct words !

Obviously I was far to tired when I was typing this :D

******" fuck the.. " section is what I was referring to.

It still annoys me that follow follow seems to go into a lull when it gets to the " Up to our knees... " or more correctly the " Aberdeen and back again " section. How hard is it so sing the correct words !

I can agree there!

Some people around me were singing 'even up to Aberdeen' and i was thinking exactly the same as you!!!! It's that they aren't singing the dodgy lines, but how hard is it to get it right?

On the telly here it sounded like it got flat also at times when Barca had the ball.

You could definatly here Follow Follow fizzle out when it came to the words that need changing.

I have to say I still miss Hullo Hullo, this song was a trademark for the club and all it needed was 1 word eradicated plus a few others changed - less than other songs!. But the fact this song/tune was banned but others can still sing it with different words is wrong IMO.