I know we got 55 out of him but 3m for Helander does look a bit silly now in hindsight. He wasn't a dud per say because I thought he was a good player but 36 league appearences in 4 seasons was laughable. Might have my maths wrong here but isn't that like 100k per appearence?

29 minutes ago, yuddie said:

I know we got 55 out of him but 3m for Helander does look a bit silly now in hindsight. He wasn't a dud per say because I thought he was a good player but 36 league appearences in 4 seasons was laughable. Might have my maths wrong here but isn't that like 100k per appearence?

Looked at his minutes, works out at about 60k per app.

8 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Looked at his minutes, works out at about 60k per app.

Its mad when you break it down like that 🤯

For every appearance Helander made, we could have paid for another Geln Kamara and had change left over

Edited by lenny3k

Ball was really disappointing, had a lot of injuries of course, Flo was pretty good although that price tag was just Murray's ego running away with him, and we did recoup about £7M of the £12M pricetag when we sold him. 

Hendry for £4M was awful business at his age (and the fact he was a big diddy)

Pena - least said the better

I agree Helander was poor value, only dwarfed by Roofe who I guess isnt on that list as he is still current, but this time next year will be on it and still look dreadful value for the minutes played.

25 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I agree Helander was poor value, only dwarfed by Roofe who I guess isnt on that list as he is still current, but this time next year will be on it and still look dreadful value for the minutes played.

To be fair Roofe has played 18 more games in the same timespan and is pretty much 1 in 2 (78/36). Per 90 I'd hazard a guess that he's been brilliant.

In terms of what we got out of them, Roofe takes this one in my opinion.