[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 52pen) - 3 Olympiacos

1 hour ago, Whosthedado said:

Chris Sutton having a go at someone for diving :D Oh the Irony :D 

Dunno, but RTV showed the incident about 5 times, from behind the goal, it clearly looked that the goalie caught Cantwell's right leg & foot. As Kevin Thomson said a wee while back (much to my annoyance, I might add): "if he feels contact, he's every right to go down". It was not a knee-in-the-body style foul that Hagi* received late on, but not a dive either.

*My gut feeling says that we might miss Hagi and Cantwell through suspension next season, as both tend to be somewhat hot-headed at times.

2 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

He dived.

They all flop like fish...every single one of them.

What difference does it make if he is 50 or 10 yards from goal...still fake.

Every game, a guy brushes another guy's shoulder and he falls grabbing his face like a took a black jack to the eye socket.

But it's not only expected, it's encouraged and rewarded. 

It offends my inner American to the root but the overall game itself overrides that pitiful aspect of it. 

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

As Kevin Thomson said a wee while back (much to my annoyance, I might add): "if he feels contact, he's every right to go down".

You’re right to be annoyed. 

On 28/07/2023 at 10:35, der Berliner said:

*My gut feeling says that we might miss Hagi and Cantwell through suspension next season, as both tend to be somewhat hot-headed at times.

I agree. Opponents will also have seen this and they will be targeted. It was only when Morelos learned to curb his behaviour that opponents no longer targeted him.

As Cantwell is a wind-up merchant,  he will be the hate figure for anti Rangers folk. I fear that his reputation will precede him and referees will be more likely to dismiss fouls on him, making him more liklely to react.