[FT] Hoffenheim 2 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 57' pen; Lammers 63')

Is there a bionic store where we can get whatever spare parts are required to keep Ryan Jack fit and available. Because we're twice the team when he plays.

Lammers was easily our best player, and Butland looks like a good goalie. The system was bananas again for me. Too many of our players seem to be free to go where they want, leaving their team mates isolated. Hoffenheim were very good 1st half. The big 6 or 7 man substitution let us into the game imo.

First half especially they used the diagonal/switch of play and it caught us out.   Can’t work out if thats players not being used to each other, or if they were just half a yard off the pace because of all the running that it seems they’ve put the squad through.  

Putting my super optimistic hat on, it’s the latter.  

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Is there a bionic store where we can get whatever spare parts are required to keep Ryan Jack fit and available. Because we're twice the team when he plays.

Unfortunately, we badly lack stability when he doesn’t play. The defence is far better protected when he plays. I think our defence has been hung out to dry a bit in preseason by the tactics and player selection in midfield. They’ve offered no protection to the defence. 

Having watched today's game, like nearly all other posts on here, it was a frustrating afternoon. However, I have just reflected on all three of the interviews above and the honesty and positive vibes that came from all 3. First up, Dessers, who states he is not nearly match fit yet and explains why. He sports a lovely black eye for his efforts. There is clearly much more to come from him. Butland also puts a very positive spin on the game and says how much he enjoyed it. Lastly Beale explains how the game plan was hijacked by late call offs to CB's. We also finished the game without a CB!

The most important message for me was all three confirmed it was a pre season test, deliberately set against high quality opposition. As supporters, sometimes we expect too much too soon. I get a vibe of real togetherness in the squad, there are early signs of increased squad quality.  All seem eager to embrace the challenge ahead. I, for one, will try to remain positive. I really am looking forward to this one. Let us hope it's special!:rfc: