[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 0 Rangers

19 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

@BlackSocksRedTops @Graeme Ro55

The graph is a passing network.

The bigger circles mean those players have more of the ball. 

Basically, we're passing it about the defence (big circles) and not getting the ball to our forwards (small circles). 

It's just showing what we've seen with our eyes. 

Worth noting that Dessers’ stats from previous clubs showed that he doesn’t touch the ball much anyway. A bit of a Kris Boyd type of striker. Danilo obviously is different. 

1 minute ago, the gunslinger said:

our ch need to step out with the ball which they did a bit but nothing like enough on Saturday. 

lots and lots to be learned. 

That would help. 

I was more frustrated at the lack of movement from our attacking midfielders and forwards, though.

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

Worth noting that Dessers’ stats from previous clubs showed that he doesn’t touch the ball much anyway. A bit of a Kris Boyd type of striker. Danilo obviously is different. 

Absolutely. 

I said that at the time: '£5M for a geriatric forward that doesn't do much'. :D 

kent was better than anything we have wide now. We had no one to travel with the ball at all. Anyone would miss kents work rate as well. 

Tillman was way better than lammers. (i have a special distain for the people who lauded lammers for 3.5 and though tillman at 5 was a bad deal. it was exceptionally good.)

Buttland looked promising. No wonder he gets injuries mind you. 

looks like it's 4 2 2 2 which is probably fine it's worked before but needs time to become cohesive and fluid. 

Huge game on Wednesday obviously. 

Still miss Candeias who was a victim of the 4 2 2 2. 

7 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

That would help. 

I was more frustrated at the lack of movement from our attacking midfielders and forwards, though.

They really struggled with the low block. They better get used to it fast. 

Our pre season was more about money and being ready for europe than scotland and perhaps that was a mistake. a couple of games v motherwell and ross county might have helped. Perhaps we played practice games with one team doing low block. I sure hope so. 

15 minutes ago, compo said:

talk in some  quarters of Tillman returning   to Ibrox 

Dear god that would be good. 

The last  20 year olds we had make debut seasons like that were Ferguson, Gattouso and Durrant. 

Kent was a bit older i think. 

that's the levels we are talking here. 

Rangers fans slating him for being lazy are simply wrong. Rangers fans who don't think he would have been value at 5 million aren't half a tough crowd.