[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 0 Rangers

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Did you watch the game? Did you see pre-season? That's what we were doing. 

Hard to see what the forwards are supposed to be doing as they rarely get the ball for any period of time.

27 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Did you watch the game? Did you see pre-season? That's what we were doing. 

The issue, for me, is midfield: We're not finding the attackers at all; there's no movement. 

Thankfully, the Rangers game started late, so I caught 1/3 of the first half and the second. After the amount of games we played, we should have found a solution for the first game. As I said, Dowell doesn't look up for the game right now, we sure did not need him and Raskin and Lundstram, not least since most of the creative work from the midfield came from Raskin, while Lundstram provided cover for the defense. That sort of tactic didn't work well before "this season". Obviously, Lundstram made us a back three at times, but neither Tav nor Borna had any joy in their "wing-work", we might just as well put in true wingers there. 

4 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Against 6 defenders and defensive-minded midfielders. Methinks Killie had but three people you would deem attackers.

I was responding to this point:

"Coming to think of it, in these games, we should try Dessers/Danilo and Roofe up front and Lammers directly behind them. We need able strikers up top, and we still play but one."

We played 2 strikers, arguably three as Sima is more of a forward rather than a winger. 

7 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Thankfully, the Rangers game started late, so I caught 1/3 of the first half and the second. After the amount of games we played, we should have found a solution for the first game. As I said, Dowell doesn't look up for the game right now, we sure did not need him and Raskin and Lundstram, not least since most of the creative work from the midfield came from Raskin, while Lundstram provided cover for the defense. That sort of tactic didn't work well before "this season". Obviously, Lundstram made us a back three at times, but neither Tav nor Borna had any joy in their "wing-work", we might just as well put in true wingers there. 

I agree: It's mostly the same sh*te from MB. 

I was hoping the boring football of last season was just because he had inherited a squad and he had to make do. 

He's had 8 months with those (inherited) players, a full pre-season with new players - on which he's spent £15M - and it's still the same.  

11 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I don't want to dredge up an age old debate but when Kent was in the team we always had an out ball and width. Even Sakala provided that on occasions. Yesterday we had nothing like that.

Kent never played wide. He was played as a #10, as part of the christmas tree formation. 

(Actually, he did truly play wide under GvB, but was worse - many said he was 'wasted' out wide.)

This 'lack of width' issue is a red herring. We've got width from our FBs and one of our forwards (as one of them has to play the channels, like Sakala: Sakala was playing as part of a front two). 

The issue is we don't know how to build through the thirds. Our defence can't find our midfielders, and both midfield can't find our attackers.

8 months in some 15 million spent on new player all his choice a disastrous preseason and we’re not one iota better off and a European match this Wednesday then 4 matches before we meat the hooped horrors on September the 3rd my wife’s birthday we could be in shite street by the next day if someone doesn’t point our manager in the right direction .