[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 0 Rangers

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Changed an entire team. A team that we all wanted ripped apart. Now it's been ripped apart and we've lost 1 game, we want it ripped apart again.

No one wants the team ripped apart, we want it to actually be a team, a unit. Not 11 clueless buffoons wandering aimlessly around a green area simultaneously mesmerised and afraid of a plastic sphere.

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Changed an entire team. A team that we all wanted ripped apart. Now it's been ripped apart and we've lost 1 game, we want it ripped apart again.

The defence remains much the same and Lundstram started in front of them, so he hasn't ripped it apart, in real terms.

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

No one wants the team ripped apart, we want it to actually be a team, a unit. Not 11 clueless buffoons wandering aimlessly around a green area simultaneously mesmerised and afraid of a plastic sphere.

And you expect that after 1 game?

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

The defence remains much the same and Lundstram started in front of them, so he hasn't ripped it apart, in real terms.

But it has. 9 new players this window and 2 in January. New keeper, the defence needs attention and Lundstram was hardly the worst player on the pitch today. 

10 minutes ago, CammyF said:

You're conflating every knee-jerk argument made and directing them as you see fit.

I've actually always argued - wrongly, in many ways - that the squad was fine; that it was the coach's inability to get the most out of it. 

I think our squad now is even better.

Yet the coach isn't doing much with them.

Perhaps it needs even more time? I expected to get some sort of clue by now. 

He'll not be sacked any time soon. It'll not stop my heart fluttering after any good coach that's available. Oliver Glasner, anyone? :D

It's very unusual, verging on unlikely, that a Rangers team gets beaten when playing well. So the fact we lost today tell you everything you need to know about our performance. The weeping and chest-beating on this forum since the final whistle is a bit embarrassing and amounts to little more than the undignified indulgence of folks who don't know how to lose. That's not to say we should ever welcome a defeat but when it happens, as it will from time to time, the way to deal with it isn't to lose composure and call for heads to roll, certainly not after the first game of the season.

Are there really people here who genuinely thought you could load so many new players into our 1st team squad and immediately produce a team that gels on the park. I'm sure that's what we all wanted but, seriously, it was always unlikely. We're all gutted after today, let's see where we are after a month or so. A little calm equilibrium will achieve a lot more right now than unseemly alarm.