[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 0 Rangers

12 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

The width is an issue for me. Tav and BB were completely redundant today as we continually tried to play through a congested middle area. 

I don't think that's an issue per se - especially if we're employing the narrow formation, where we should be able to use intricate interplay or drag them to one side then switch it into open space - it's just that we failed to execute it properly. Our forward and midfield players were just standing about, often behind their man, marked. The best passer in the world couldn't find them.  

Killie seemed to win every second ball in the middle of the park, which suggests our midfield isn't good enough.  'Powderpuff' is the word that springs to mind.

Hopefully Cifuentes is a big upgrade on what we have.  

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Hopefully Cifuentes is a big upgrade on what we have.  

I’ve seen many similar comments about this guy from other supporters in social media, but one player doesn’t change that performance today. Especially one that wasn’t a regular starter for an MLS outfit. 

I suppose we as a support need to look somewhere for hope but putting it all on a player is going to end in disappointment.

We need someone to turn this squad into a hungry, aggressive, dynamic, functioning team that can dominate games against lesser teams while consistently creating lots of good quality chances and keeping it tight at the back.

In the 9 and a bit months this manager has been here I don’t see any signs of this. 

I just saw extended highlights of yesterday's game and I don't think one should not be overly critical in Rangers. (Do not become German clones when it comes to football. Either "we" are super or "we" are rubbish, the opposition does not matter!) Kilmarnock played anti-football and landed one lucky punch. Such football will get them nowhere, no matter how much the reporter swooned over their brilliant tactics. It just shows a total lack of understanding how low such sort of football actually is. Too bad that luck decided to reward the uncapable.

18 minutes ago, Idisi said:

I just saw extended highlights of yesterday's game and I don't think one should not be overly critical in Rangers. (Do not become German clones when it comes to football. Either "we" are super or "we" are rubbish, the opposition does not matter!) Kilmarnock played anti-football and landed one lucky punch. Such football will get them nowhere, no matter how much the reporter swooned over their brilliant tactics. It just shows a total lack of understanding how low such sort of football actually is. Too bad that luck decided to reward the uncapable.

I saw the whole game Idisi, Kilmarnock tried harder, played a winning formation & had better chances. 

Edited by Graeme Ro55

I was reading through threads on the long running Hearts 'zine forum, 'Jambos Kickback' last evening and, apparently Rangers did have a player yesterday who achieved more than pass marks. 

Alex Lowry's heads up, driving forward style was a revelation to the Boys in Maroon. Indeed, he could be the next talk o' the toon.