[FT] Rangers 2 (Sima 45; Matondo 76) - 2 PSV Eindhoven

It looks like we quietly replaced Rabbi Matondo during the summer with some bloke who can play a bit. Maybe we could do the same with Abdallah Sima.

We got a lot closer to PSV than I thought possible.

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

It looks like we quietly replaced Rabbi Matondo during the summer with some bloke who can play a bit. Maybe we could do the same with Abdallah Sima.

We got a lot closer to PSV than I thought possible.

Matondo was excellent when he came on and unlucky not to score another with that volley at the end.

I'm reading that so many of players are "confidence" players...whatever that is. Surely all players are confidence players? Anyhow, my point is that it's evident that Matondo was low on confidence. I've said it before, if MB is looking for a wide player with pace, why continue if you have one on your doorstep?

Back to the game. I would have taken 2-2 before the game in a heartbeat. A lot of players of the pace tonight but we still get the draw. Definitely think we will go with 3 at the back over there to cover the space behind the full backs. Oh and Goldson was immense.

Actually quite pleased with that performance. Wasn't perfect but the effort and desire was unquestionable. And two world class goals. We do need to be more composed on the ball, make better passes and our movement off the ball needs to be better. Unlucky not to win though with Danilo chance after the save from Lammers, a poor quality effort from him though. We contained a very good side, we're very much in the tie and we give ourselves a chance next week. 

Aye, what a game Goldson had. I felt Tavernier was short-changed by Cifu' not covering space quick more than once but he should have sorted that out a lot quicker. No matter, Goldson was an absolute rock.