[FT] PSV 5 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 64)

Just now, weebluedevil said:

It maybe, I haven't watched re-runs of all Barisic's miserable free-kick attempts - well in fact he rarely gets to take them these days for that reason. 

I throw it back to you too Craig. it's factually incorrect that Barisic has been our best player over the last 18 months. 

The suggestion he hasnt hit a free kick over the wall in 3 years is a statement of factual inaccuracy.

Me suggesting he has been one of our best players (note that I said "one of, if not the" - which is different from categorically stating he was our best player) is obviously a statement of opinion.  You can disagree, as is your prerogative - but either way, it is still just your opinion vs my opinion.

Your original statement was factually incorrect.

31 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Ah—that 1-5 game was terrific!

Few and far between, though. Mostly, the football was boring. 

Why are you focusing on two games out of 150? :D

8 trophies including 3 league titles (which should have been 4 if we'd been given help during the run to Manchester) and a UEFA Cup Final with Kirk Broadfoot in his team should have been sufficient for Walter Smith to be knighted. 

I could have mentioned many other games like winning 4-2 at Parkhead (amongst many victories there), 7-0 semi-final victory over DUFC, winning a cup with 9 men, beating DUFC 7-1 at Ibrox with 10men and many other drubbings we handed out (3 and 4 goal victories at Tynecastle and Easter Road).

No team can win convincingly ever week playing like Prime Brazil. It just doesn't happen. 

I wish, over the last 15 years I was as "bored" as you were watching WS and Rangers dominate Scottish football and get to a European Final.

Boring indeed. 

Edited by CammyF

6 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

No, you're right.  They never picked them up in the first place! 

If that is the case, why are some of the players waxing lyrical about his game knowledge ?  Why is it that Cantwell is saying it is an honour to play for us if he isnt interested in playing for Beale ?

Only my opinion, but you seem to be hurting bad from last night and its affecting the way you are posting.  But giving you the benefit of the doubt, what is it that makes you assert that the players arent playing for Beale ?  Because you do realise there is a difference between playing poorly and not trying (downing tools), right ?

3 minutes ago, craig said:

If that is the case, why are some of the players waxing lyrical about his game knowledge ?  Why is it that Cantwell is saying it is an honour to play for us if he isnt interested in playing for Beale ?

Only my opinion, but you seem to be hurting bad from last night and its affecting the way you are posting.  But giving you the benefit of the doubt, what is it that makes you assert that the players arent playing for Beale ?  Because you do realise there is a difference between playing poorly and not trying (downing tools), right ?

All players signed over the summer and in January stated it was sitting talking to MB about his vision that excited them and helped make them sign for Rangers. 

7 minutes ago, CammyF said:

8 trophies including 3 league titles (which should have been 4 if we'd been given help during the run to Manchester) and a UEFA Cup Final with Kirk Broadfoot in his team should have been sufficient for Walter Smith to be knighted. 

I could have mentioned many other games like winning 4-2 at Parkhead (amongst many victories there), 7-0 semi-final victory over DUFC, winning a cup with 9 men, beating DUFC 7-1 at Ibrox with 10men and many other drubbings we handed out (3 and 4 goal victories at Tynecastle and Easter Road).

No team can win convincingly ever week playing like Prime Brazil. It just doesn't happen. 

I wish, over the last 15 years I was as "bored" as you were watching WS and Rangers dominate Scottish football and get to a European Final.

Boring indeed. 

Yes, boring. 

He definately should have been knighted.

8 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Boring indeed. 

Its the EPL era mate - people expect scintillating football from their team every week - even when we had Gazza, Laudrup, McCoist and Hateley we were prone to some honking performances.

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

All players signed over the summer and in January stated it was sitting talking to MB about his vision that excited them and helped make them sign for Rangers. 

Aye, but those 9 new signings have apparently downed tools half a dozen games into the season 🤣

1 minute ago, craig said:

Its the EPL era mate - people expect scintillating football from their team every week - even when we had Gazza, Laudrup, McCoist and Hateley we were prone to some honking performances.

Especially in Europe.