[FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Celtic

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think Dessers clipped him but it was soft and the goal should've been given.  Having said that, the scum player definitely did not kick him.  

Hard to kick someone behind you when you're running fast in the other direction.  Actually, it's impossible. 

Heres the clip. Show me where Dessers doesn't get kicked? You can see his ankle bend.

Edited by CammyF

18 minutes ago, CammyF said:

VAR is only meant to intervene if there is a clear and obvious error. Given that we are discussing it and having differing views (I can't see how 😁) why did VAR get involved?

Given the referee got the decision correct on the pitch, what did VAR say to him to change his mind? 

At the game I knew the goal would be chopped off. Given we've had a week of ex-Celtic players telling us that the refs give Rangers all the decisions, there was only one way that was going.

If that is a foul, we'd be as well stopping football. 

The highlights I saw was a goal wrongly disallowed and a penalty not awarded. I laughed at that, really. They scored a good goal on the counter and that was it. Very strange decisions by the referee and the VAR man. Not exactly a good game from either team, the result was always in the balance. This team needs someone to organize it and the players have to find their spot on the park. Nothing won yet and I think Celtic is already out of the league Cup? So leave some anger (instead of keeping calm) and drink some tea. :throwpc:

Edited by Idisi

It’s back to the seventies. At least they don’t have a Lou Macari or a Harry Hood.

I could almost cope with the eighties when teenage Durrant and Derek Ferguson bossed a cuptie at Tynecastle for seventy minutes until the rest of the team sat back for a draw.

We couldn’t afford a Laudrup or a Gascoigne and skilled youngsters are no longer bred in Scotland but somewhere there must be a John Brown, a Stuart McCall or an Ian Ferguson. Won’t be so easy to snatch goals against us and shut us down if the opposition know there are players n the park who could rearrange their ankle bones.

52 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I thought it was a fool. 

Please, be my guest. Discuss it until you’re blue in the face, or until the end of time if you prefer, at the end of which it will still be utterly pointless. Or did you think your analysis of dodgy refereeing decisions would change anything, today or in the future. 😉

Just now, Bill said:

Please, be my guest. Discuss it until you’re blue in the face, or until the end of time if you prefer, at the end of which it will still be utterly pointless. Or did you think your analysis of dodgy refereeing decisions would change anything, today or in the future. 😉

I know...

I just can't help myself.

They're just so sure of themselves. 

44 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

If you make contact with a player like that whilst you aren’t in control of the ball, arm on shoulder and tangling the feet then there is every opportunity for the ref to call a foul. I think it was soft but calling it cheating is nonsensical to me.

It makes people feel better if they indulge their emotions 🙄