[FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Celtic

If you make contact with a player like that whilst you aren’t in control of the ball, arm on shoulder and tangling the feet then there is every opportunity for the ref to call a foul. I think it was soft but calling it cheating is nonsensical to me.

Edited by PoohBear

Well that's wraps for the title then - only a huge new manager bounce gets us back in contention from here imo.

Absolutely baffling approach and the players looked like they didn't know what to do either - it was a 4-3-      3 by the looks of it, with the front 3 pressing and the midfield 3 hanging back to evacuate the midfield as best they could.

Fucking tragic.

2 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

If you make contact with a player like that whilst you aren’t in control of the ball, arm on shoulder and tangling the feet then there is every opportunity for the ref to call a foul. I think it was soft but calling it cheating is nonsensical to me.

He didn't call it a foul. He allowed it and there was nothing clear and obvious to suggest he should change his decision (other than his obvious allegiances)  

7 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I thought it was a foul to Celtic. 

I'm sorry. 

I don't, but we had a similar goal overturned for the same in game scenario with Morelos v Dortmund if I recall correctly.

It's not a howler and it's been applied before so I can understand it, I just don't agree with it.

Just now, Bluedell said:

Where do you think the foul was? I just don't see anything.

The Celtic player, in control of the ball, is in the process of kicking (connecting with) the ball and Dessers trips him. 

It's a foul, for me. 

When I first saw it, I thought, that'll be chalked off. 

I'm not aggrieved. 

I could be wrong - I dont know the rules - but it's certainly not cheating, IMO.