Should Beale be sacked?

Should Beale be sacked?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beale be sacked?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

You often hear how Bluenoses are demanding & unforgiving fans, the above poll proves this is not the case. Unbelievably 46.34% still want to give him more time. Ten months of suffering crap football is just not enough it seems. 

I think there's quite a strong sense of it wouldn't be fair on Beale to sack him now.

For my part I'm rather more concerned about what's fair for Rangers.

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think there's quite a strong sense of it wouldn't be fair on Beale to sack him now.

For my part I'm rather more concerned about what's fair for Rangers.

My concern is, will the next manager be another experiment. We seem to be happy to spend on players when managers have a greater effect, imo.

Edited by Graeme Ro55

5 hours ago, compo said:

Looks like he's escaped the chop but he knows big improvement in results and team performance is needed.

Has he? Our board in hiding again. No one will to stick up for the manager or set expectations. leaking a puff piece to Chris Jack to try and undermine him? It looks like that certainly if its not the case.

It seems Park, Robertson and Wilson are gone but the lack of leadership or accountability around the club are still the same with Bennet and Bisgrove are in charge.

If the board want to stick by Beale then they should publicly stick by him, I'm not saying we need a statement on the club website or a youtube video - but they can speak off the record to fan media, Chris Jack, Andy Devlin eg and set narrative.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Has he? Our board in hiding again. No one will to stick up for the manager or set expectations. leaking a puff piece to Chris Jack to try and undermine him? It looks like that certainly if its not the case.

It seems Park, Robertson and Wilson are gone but the lack of leadership or accountability around the club are still the same with Bennet and Bisgrove are in charge.

If the board want to stick by Beale then they should publicly stick by him, I'm not saying we need a statement on the club website or a youtube video - but they can speak OTR to fan media, Chris Jack, Andy Devlin eg and set narrative.

The second a director goes on the record either backing or criticising Beale the story will magnify enormously. Currently there is no story, it's largely discontented fans on forums or social media sounding off. Every PR person worth anything will advise the directors to say nothing, whatever their thoughts are. With no game this weekend there are no press conferences scheduled anyway, so any kind of statement, on or off the record, will simply give oxygen to something that will probably fizzle out naturally in the coming days. 

Whatever failings our directors might have, they surely understand that. I'd say the lack of comment or briefing suggests they don't want to publicly back Beale, which suggests they're not happy with our start either and know that unless there's a big improvement in the coming games there is only one way this ends. Clearly they've decided to give  Beale more time, results will decide how long that is.

Personally I'd make the hard decision now, (or 5 days ago) but I can see why they've decided to wait a bit longer. That might yet prove to be the correct decision, we'll see. 

Edited by JohnMc

34 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

The second a director goes on the record either backing or criticising Beale the story will magnify enormously.

My mistake, I meant an off the record word that they will back the manager in the short term. Expectations get set and we look at the next game.

They clearly can do this as were quick to tell Andy Newport off the record they were not looking at Kevin Muscat and there had been no contact. Don't think they responded to the John Eustice rumours. But a betting man would wager that noise means they have been sounding out potential replacements.

Personally, I think Muscat was spoken to about his potential interest (and I'm sure a few others too) and they've denied it so it doesn't get out of control. They've given Beale a stay of execution but if(when) he slips up again, they'll have already sounded out some replacements and the process should be quicker

The worst of all worlds for me is that we win the next few domestic games but it's the usual struggle and we continue to play badly ....... allowing Beale to cling to his job while solving none of our problems and further delaying the day when squad morale sinks to the point where the whole thing implodes in a series of draws and losses. How many times have we seen this happen?

2 minutes ago, lenny3k said:

Personally, I think Muscat was spoken to about his potential interest (and I'm sure a few others too) and they've denied it so it doesn't get out of control. They've given Beale a stay of execution but if(when) he slips up again, they'll have already sounded out some replacements and the process should be quicker

I would agree. I don't think they have their heads in the sand. They must be working through processes so that we're not starting from a position of denial to having to hire a new manager when that time comes.