Do Reading Want Hemdani?

Id be really disappointed if we let Hemdani go, 3 million or not.

He should be in the team every week and be part of the plans for the next 3 seasons. He is only newly turned 30, so people say a player at 29 is at his peak. He cant physically age simply coz he turns a number/year older.

If someone comes in for Ferguson with a similar bid, do people think we should let him go? He will be 30 soon aswell.

The difference is Fergie is playing week in week in week out. WS only seems to use Hemdani in the 'bigger' games and UCC.

I think he is a fantastic player who has shone after a slow start, but for �£3m I'd take it I'm afraid

I think he is a fantastic player who has shone after a slow start, but for �£3m I'd take it I'm afraid

I agree Jon. �£3m is not the kind of fee we could turn down for Hemdani. He oozes class and is so calm when in possession, but at the end of the day money talks, so we should take the money and someone else to fill the role.

Gribz, it may be difficult to find someone better but we are probably working on the context of the rumours that he wants to leave.

The fact is we won't be able to get much money for him in a year or two which a mistake we've made previously.

We got Thomson for 2M as a young promising player and if he improves he'll either be a mainstay of the team or we could sell him for a large profit and reinvest.

It's a bit like shares, it always makes sense to buy low and sell high.

Given his age, �£3M is undoubtedly Hemdani's peak value so it's a good time to sell and reinvest in someone cheaper and/or younger who will hopefully fill his place and then also appreciate in value. The trick is to spot that kind of player, just as a fund manager needs to spot a stock which is about to rise.

Also, while Hemdani is a very good player, he's not exactly indispensible.

Given his age, �£3M is undoubtedly Hemdani's peak value so it's a good time to sell and reinvest in someone cheaper and/or younger who will hopefully fill his place and then also appreciate in value. The trick is to spot that kind of player, just as a fund manager needs to spot a stock which is about to rise.

But if we are bringing in yet another player who simply has "potential" it is a danger again that he wont flourish. IMO Thomson hasnt met his 2 million price tag yet.

Players dont want to come to Scotland. We couldnt take Scott Brown due to wages so who are we going to get who is better than Hemdani without playing 30k a week?

We are lucky we have Hemdani - a former Marseille captain who has great experience. The team needs experience more than "potential" buys at the moment. We have bought plently of youngsters like Thomson, Whittaker, Naismith, Gow who arent even getting a game bar Thomson.

So for me, id rather keep this experienced player who has proven he can cut it and should be in the team.

Its a shame we have to resort to making an investment. Surely we should be building a team round our better players. As i said he could easy still play for us for another 3 season.

EDIT: And i think Hemdani is/was happy at Rangers. He is probably as baffled as I am coz he isnt playing after being POTY last season. So now he will be thinking he may want to move on because he isnt getting a game. But if he plays again, id think he would easy stay.

But if we are bringing in yet another player who simply has "potential" it is a danger again that he wont flourish. IMO Thomson hasnt met his 2 million price tag yet.

Players dont want to come to Scotland. We couldnt take Scott Brown due to wages so who are we going to get who is better than Hemdani without playing 30k a week?

We are lucky we have Hemdani - a former Marseille captain who has great experience. The team needs experience more than "potential" buys at the moment. We have bought plently of youngsters like Thomson, Whittaker, Naismith, Gow who arent even getting a game bar Thomson.

So for me, id rather keep this experienced player who has proven he can cut it and should be in the team.

Its a shame we have to resort to making an investment. Surely we should be building a team round our better players. As i said he could easy still play for us for another 3 season.

EDIT: And i think Hemdani is/was happy at Rangers. He is probably as baffled as I am coz he isnt playing after being POTY last season. So now he will be thinking he may want to move on because he isnt getting a game. But if he plays again, id think he would easy stay.

Gribz we are on the same wavelength. Hemdani must be first choice. I am seriously starting to doubt your Sebo reasoning though. I have been watching him recently for his French club and he really looks shite. I hoped until now he would prove us wrong but he really is just crap.