[Official] Rangers part company with Beale

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

Literally, aye?  

The Godfather Sigh GIF

At least I’m glad you’ve shared your pearls of wisdom about Davis doing the best he can in the job. If that is the requirement then I might have a chance too. Wouldn’t actually put it past this board to install me as manager to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Ach—you always get the usual names passed about, mainly because they're the only names some of those online know. 

Mosimane is a cracking shout, but I think he's currently in a well-paid job in Saudi Arabia?

Aye but it could be his last chance to manage in Europe and potentially manage in the UCL. It's not a bad sell I don't think.

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

To be fair, I wasn't expecting a new manager to be appointed straight away.

Beale had to go, though. 

Hopefully it's only one game the interims have to navigate. 

Agree. No reason to worry yet. 

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Reminds me of your match thread comments.  Constant reactionary negativity.

The board made the correct decision getting rid of Beale - he was a joke.  None of us know how Davis will do, how long he'll be manager or who is lined up to take the role on a permanent basis yet, so chill yer beans.

There's so much hysteria from the usual suspects over the Steve Davis appointment that I'm beginning to find it funny. Who knew we had so many savants in our tiny corner of the inter web?

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

He's just a caretaker. 

You don’t think the board are crossing their 11 fingers and eyes and balls and whatever else they can in the hope that Davis is a blinding awesome manager that they can install long term?

Maybe they aren’t.

3 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Aye but it could be his last chance to manage in Europe and potentially manage in the UCL. It's not a bad sell I don't think.

Nice to see some positivity amongst all the the board are clueless and it's a poisoned chalice chat.

I'm sure there are lots of good managers that'd love to manage a club the size of Rangers.  

Edited by Gonzo79

Just now, PoohBear said:

You don’t think the board are crossing their 11 fingers and eyes and balls and whatever else they can in the hope that Davis is a blinding awesome manager that they can install long term?

Maybe they aren’t.

No.