[Official] Rangers part company with Beale

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

I've just been looking at Oddschecker, which gives us :

Kevin Muscat - a best priced 2/1 (Billy Hills, and Bet UK), lengthening to 3/1 (Sky Bet), and several others at 5/2 and 11/4

Frank Lampard - best at 2/1 with BetVictor and Pari Match) lengthening to 4s (Bet  365), with the rest at 4/1 (one) and 11/4

Pascal Jansen - several price him at 2/1 (SkyBet, Paddy P, Betfair, Betfred); worst price is 4s (Joe Coral, ladbrokes)

McInnes - best price 7/1 (Ladbrokes, Joe Coral, SkyBet)  and  lengthening to 10s (eg Bet365, Paddy P)

These prices could move considerably, of course,  if a couple of chunky bets were made, by a high roller (say @compo)

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/rangers/next-permanent-manager?offer_position=2&bk=OC&customer=internal

Those odds are likely to crash if someone has 25 quid on. Football specials markets are terrible for shifting massively as there's not much liquidity in them.

I'm more and more drawn to Muscat. Plays a high tempo style of football. Teams known for pressing well. Has won league titles in 2 countries. No nonsense straight talking Aussie. Has experience of what's expected in the British game. Recommended by big Ange. Speaks English.

All the others don't do it for me. I reckon Muscat is the kind of character to tell certain members of our squad some home truths. That's what we've needed for ages IMO.

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

5 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I'm more and more drawn to Muscat. Plays a high tempo style of football. Teams known for pressing well. Has won league titles in 2 countries. No nonsense straight talking Aussie. Has experience of what's expected in the British game. Recommended by big Ange. Speaks English.

All the others don't do it for me. I reckon Muscat is the kind of character to tell certain members of our squad some home truths. That's what we've needed for ages IMO.

Unfortunately you're not allowed to do that anymore as it counts as mental abuse ,and modern players will need a year to six months off ,and constant counselling to recover from it.

Think it was Paul Sturrock when managing some English club, he sent them down the mines to work for a day as a reality check.

He'd get the jail for doing that these days.

We have serious problems if Lampard is the front runner. I’m starting to think searching for a dof should be the priority, not a manager. I just don’t trust them to appoint an appropriate manager. I do not want us to be in this same position next October.

48 minutes ago, Pedrito said:

Those odds are likely to crash if someone has 25 quid on. Football specials markets are terrible for shifting massively as there's not much liquidity in them.

Yeah, they are pretty volatile.

I offer the info merely as a snapshot of who is being backed.

When, Pedrito, Pedro became manager, I tracked his price -because nobody could believe he was a goer- which shortened and shortened and shortened, all day, until the puff of blue smoke, and the offishull statement.  Sites like Oddschecker can be useful, but are not the source of all wisdom in the world today. 

The Frenchman, Clement, was not quoted earlier.