[2023] Who should be the next Rangers manager?

Next Rangers manager?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your preferred choice as the next manager of Rangers?

• Derek McInnes
    • Kevin Muscat
    • Frank Lampard
    • Neil Warnock
    • Kjetil Knutsen
    • Scott Parker
    • Pascal Jansen
    • Steven Davis
    • Marcelo Gallardo
    • Graham Potter
    • Philippe Clement
    • Ralph Hasenhuttl

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

Yes but the interested list get's bigger, and considerably more vetted when it's not October and you have appointed one of your midfielders to manage your club.

With a proper interim manager at the helm you are given the 'breathing room' required to effectively search.

Ya know...somebody who doesn't stand on the sideline dumbfounded like a virgin in a titty bar. 

IDK if you have noticed but this drowning man hiring method has bit the club in the ass twice now. 

Not to mention the club might wanna try to get in a director of football first (player personnel), since the last guy kinda screwed the pooch on the whole transfer thing.

If anything, someone to bounce some ideas off of, maybe send out a proper scout, and hold those purse strings...just in case.

Some thoughts. 

You are actually talking sense but we are too far down the road for that now.

The relief of knowing it won't be Lampard has gone some way to redeeming the last week. We might have lost to Aberdeen and some goat herding collective but that's more than made up for by sacking Beale and avoiding Lampard. 

Fannying about waiting for the ideal manager to become available is unworkable.  

There is no ideal manager but there are good candidates.  Managers will always be unavailable then available.  

Strike while the iron's hot.

Delighted the Frank Lamppost has been ruled out. Frankly, I'd rather Frank Bruno get the job. 

Martin Keown yesterday said he should be given a chance to try change as a manager! Why on earth would Rangers and any other club for that matter risk going further backwards for Lampard's benefit to try get his career back on track - that was the most stupid thing Keown has ever came out with. 

Seems its been shortened to Clement and Muscat and perhaps Knutsen. All three are intriguing in different ways. But the mess Beale did in the summer has easily made the job less desirable that it would have been maybe 6 months ago. 

11 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

An appointment like that will set our club back another 10 years. He was out of date 20 years ago never mind now.

And enlighten me we’re have all the twats that play your so called modern play it out from the back put us I’ll tell you on the slide downwards at least Sam knows how to set a team up not the shambolic excuse for a team I’m watching.

It might be okay playing tippy tippy play it out of defence if we had players like Madrid or Barca but we’re a wee Scottish club struggling to put out a team to get the point tomorrow at Paisley.

We played the ball out from the back perfectly well in the 55 season, the best football I've seen us play on a consistent basis.

Yes we don't have the finances of real, but last time I looked neither did the dross we play every week.

Sam is yesterday's man, who can't even keep teams up any more, his only trick.

Edited by Devil's advocaat