[2023] Who should be the next Rangers manager?

Next Rangers manager?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your preferred choice as the next manager of Rangers?

• Derek McInnes
    • Kevin Muscat
    • Frank Lampard
    • Neil Warnock
    • Kjetil Knutsen
    • Scott Parker
    • Pascal Jansen
    • Steven Davis
    • Marcelo Gallardo
    • Graham Potter
    • Philippe Clement
    • Ralph Hasenhuttl

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

I thought Bisgrove was an innovative and effective Commercial Director. If current odds on Beale's replacement are indicative, I think he's far out of his depth as CEO. I can't understand why Bennett appears to be handing over responsibility to Bisgrove. Hopefully this is not the case and it's only like Bain appearing to take decisions for Murray.

Are you sure about that? Or is it just something you picked up?

Lads, I know it's a shitshow atm and Davo shouldn't be in charge - but I just can't help thinking/feeling like he could do the job?

Born out of him being the only player post Murty who hasn't let the club down, that's before you include his first spell at the club.

I can't be the only one who has a smidgeon of 'god I wish he could do it!'.

Too early most would say and I agree, but still. Great player, great man..would love him to succeed but I want experience and success in charge atm.

Maybe in the future eh?

8 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Lads, I know it's a shitshow atm and Davo shouldn't be in charge - but I just can't help thinking/feeling like he could do the job?

Born out of him being the only player post Murty who hasn't let the club down, that's before you include his first spell at the club.

Too early most would say and I agree, but still. Great player, great man..would love him to succeed but I want experience and success in charge atm.

Maybe in the future eh?

No, no and thrice no. 

Great guy, fantastic player and servant of the club, but not what we require at the moment. 

Just checked ... Mr. Jensen prefers a defensive 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 in a league where teams usually want to play football. In a league where 80 % of the teams play "backs to walls brick wall" - stuff with the odd foray and hope of a corner or free-kick, things work differently. 

Warburton, Murty, Caixinha, Nicholl, Gerrard, McCallum, van Bronkhorst, and Beale didn't change that 4-3-3 (or however you want to term that reduced-attackers-line-up) and failed. We sure do not need more trial and error people.

Edited by der Berliner

Just now, CammyF said:

No, no and thrice no. 

Great guy, fantastic player and servant of the club, but not what we require at the moment. 

Aye I agree, that's why I said I want experience and success in charge.

It was more a point about what he's done for us and wanting him to do it rather than actually WANTING him to do it. If you catch my drift.

Btw, Ally endorsing Lampard before Steven Davis is a bit strange don't you think? He's either on strings or still has an axe to grind (which I still think he has even after all these years after leaving).

Any appetite / support for someone like Andre Villas-Boas?

Currently out of work, completed his badges in Scotland, friendly with McCoist and Durrant and a speaks very highly of Rangers FC. 

9 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Any appetite / support for someone like Andre Villas-Boas?

Currently out of work, completed his badges in Scotland, friendly with McCoist and Durrant and a speaks very highly of Rangers FC. 

Would also probably want about £5m a year.

49 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Maybe in the future eh?

I'm no expert but it looks like you're suffering the early stages of despair.