[2023] Who should be the next Rangers manager?

Next Rangers manager?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your preferred choice as the next manager of Rangers?

• Derek McInnes
    • Kevin Muscat
    • Frank Lampard
    • Neil Warnock
    • Kjetil Knutsen
    • Scott Parker
    • Pascal Jansen
    • Steven Davis
    • Marcelo Gallardo
    • Graham Potter
    • Philippe Clement
    • Ralph Hasenhuttl

More important than the name of the new manager is his willingness to be a complete bastard with a callous disregard for anything he finds that needs changing. If I was doing the selecting, I would try to imagine the total opposite of Michael Beale and go from there.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Whilst the interest in Clement is some welcome news / development, its been offset by reports that Lampard and Muscat are apparently into the next round of interviews. 

I reckon its Muscat. It probably done already and we are just waiting on him finishing in Japan.

I'm warming to Clement.

The players clearly, were confused by Beale,  and I think that they would benefit, now,  from a little Belgian surrealism in strategy, tactics, and team talks: pour exemple

292,900+ Soccer Ball Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free ...

C'est ne pas une balle

(As that great coach Magritte would have said, if he had been interested in Scottish Fitba'.)

8 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I reckon its Muscat. It probably done already and we are just waiting on him finishing in Japan.

Clement for me but better Muscat than Lampard. 

3 hours ago, BEARGER said:

https://www.hln.be/voetbal/philippe-clement-nadrukkelijk-in-beeld-bij-glasgow-rangers-voorlopig-nog-geen-akkoord~a3580a38/

Philippe Clement emphatically in the picture at Glasgow Rangers, no agreement yet

Philippe Clement (49) is emphatically in the picture to become the new coach of Glasgow Rangers. This week all parties sat around the table to make their vision and conditions known. Clement then got back on the plane, without an agreement for the time being.

The former champion maker of Club Brugge and RC Genk wants to make the right choice after his adventure at AS Monaco. While Glasgow Rangers is a big, sounding name in that regard, the Scottish league is not highly regarded. It's the same song every year: either Celtic or Rangers taking the national title. Frank Lampard (ex-Chelsea) and Pascal Janssen (AZ) are also on the shortlist of the club where Dessers (ex-Genk) and Raskin (ex-Standard) are now working.

Clement, in turn, enjoys interest in addition to the far-reaching interest of Glasgow Rangers. For example, his name is still on the wish list of Al-Shabab (Saudi Arabia), among others, but Clement already indicated a few months ago that the sporting and the family prevail for him. He then ignored offers from the desert. Likewise, after a year and a half, Clement announced Monaco that he did not want to return to the Belgian competition. Some clubs from the Jupiler Pro League still In vain. Curious which club will soon be able to convince him, because in the Middle- East they dare to be quite persistent.

You'd think Belgians would at least know the name of our club by now.

14 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

I'm warming to Clement.

The players clearly, were confused by Beale,  and I think that they would benefit, now,  from a little Belgian surrealism in strategy, tactics, and team talks: pour exemple

292,900+ Soccer Ball Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free ...

C'est ne pas une balle

(As that great coach Magritte would have said, if he had been interested in Scottish Fitba'.)

Aye but Magritte would stick 11 penguins on the pitch wearing bowler hats. (Mind you, would do no worse than what we saw last night.)

6 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Aye but Magritte would stick 11 penguins on the pitch wearing bowler hats. (Mind you, would do no worse than what we saw last night.)

They would be mistaken for Orangemen, in this country. 

The opposition players would have to stop to let them walk past, and the goal would be at their mercy. 

Tbh I'm warming to Muscat with each passing day.

He can work within budget constraints and win by all accounts and plays *good* football.

Ex player so is familiar (I know I know).

Damn sight better than Lampard at least. I thought the link was lazy but now I think he could do well - if he drops a few senior losers that is.