Barcelona V Rangers Poll

What do you think will happen?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen?

• Win
    • Draw
    • Lose

Had to vote no. I am fearing a bit of a hiding tonight. Hopefully its another 0-0 hiding.

Maybe not completely agree with a 'total' hiding but do worry about tonight, like you, would love it to be a 0-0 hiding :D

But.....we had chances last time round, so if we get similar it only takes one (stating the obvious I know).

I think Barca seem to have struggled unless they get an early goal, so thats my only real fear for tonight

I guess the truwe percentages should be 33.33/33.33/33.33 but probabilities would reduce the chance of a win as we are away from home.

Not convinced that a draw and loss should carry the same probability, but am happy to go with your numbers cal, and hope you are right too !

I voted lose but if we defend as stoutly as we did at Ibrox and don't concede early then I can even see us sneaking a goal tonight as Barca will be attacking a great deal, hopefully leaving themselves open to a quick counter attack.

The probabilities are just my opinion and I do think we have pretty much a toss the coin chance of losing or drawing with a slim outside chance of snatching a win - like we almost did at Ibrox.

Funny though, that these probabilities correlate quite well with the current voting - 1 for win, 7 for a draw, 7 for a loss. That's a bit like 6.67%, 46.67%, 46.67%.

But like I said, I rather say a draw and we win or lose than to say a loss and then we draw or win.

The latter scenario might show a bit of a lack of faith in our manager and team. If the team think they will lose then they probably will. They need to have faith that they can get a result and we need to back them.

Predicting a draw is hardly blind faith when we achieved that last time and who predicted we'd lose to Lyon?

Many people in Scotland predicted that we'd get 0 points in the group. The team have proved them to not know what their talking about, and I'm hoping they'll show many people they are wrong again tonight...

hear hear calscot.

Funnily enough, I saw the voting and saw hot it correlated to your own personal probabilities, found it unerring !

I think we have an opportunity to win (and definitely get a draw - I am getting more optomistic as the day draws on ) tonight but we have to not concede early and keep it tight for the first 20 minutes ala Lyon.

COME ON THE GERS

I'm being very optimistic and hope we get something, but I've a real worry that we could be torn apart for the first time properly under WS. If they use the width of the pitch and their passing to maybe get an early goal, it could be a long night.

hear hear calscot.

Funnily enough, I saw the voting and saw hot it correlated to your own personal probabilities, found it unerring !

I think we have an opportunity to win (and definitely get a draw - I am getting more optomistic as the day draws on ) tonight but we have to not concede early and keep it tight for the first 20 minutes ala Lyon.

COME ON THE GERS

I think the voting is probably a more accurate representation: but I like dealing with round numbers�

I really do think we can get a draw, but a loss would not be an embarrassment. Two teams have lost by at least 7 goals so if we can keep it respectable it won�t be too bad.

Even a decent team like Real Betis were beaten by them 3-0, so if we lose by that kind of margin it�s no biggie.

However, that could give us nothing to lose, meaning we go out and give them a good game- a highly defensive one of course�