Poll Re-run: Who is your preferred choice as the new manager?

Who is your preferred choice as the next manager of Rangers?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your preferred choice as the next manager of Rangers?

43 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I really don’t know to be honest. I think both look like decent options. 3 Belgian titles on the trot is a very good achievement from Clement, and for that reason I’m inclined to vote Clement. Reports are generally good about his style too. I find the number of goals he conceded at Monaco concerning. 2nd for goals scored to be fair, but 14th for goals conceded. One other slightly concerning thing is that he doesn't get into recruitment much and is very much a coach. Normally that's all well and good, but at this dysfunctional club we don't have a DoF anymore because we decided we didn't need one. I'll probably still lean towards Clement, looks like he'd be a solid appointment, in a world where there are no risk free appointments. 

It does suggest we'll get a DoF. 

I see this (him being a coach) as a positive. I think that's what we've always needed. We don't have quality players that can manage themselves. We need a coach that can instruct and develop players. 

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I see this (him being a coach) as a positive. I think that's what we've always needed. We don't have quality players that can almost manage themselves. We need a coach that can instruct and develop them. 

Yeh I agree. It isn’t a negative, more of an observation I suppose that we aren’t currently set up to compliment that at the moment, but we do need to resolve that. A good coach and people person is what we need and he apparently is both of those. 

10 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I see this (him being a coach) as a positive. I think that's what we've always needed. We don't have quality players that can almost manage themselves. We need a coach that can instruct and develop them. 

I think the secret of  DOF and manager is getting two people who are singing off the same song sheet 

Tbh I still think Muscat working with budget constraints for his whole coaching career is massive and should be for the board interviewing him as well. We're still not in the clear financially from 2012 but we're slowly getting there - but the new manager will have to work with a few bosmans/loans/pre contracts and I think Muscat can do that.

And win doing it as well.

Dick is still the only foreign manager to succeed with us and his budget damn near killed the club.

7 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Tbh I still think Muscat working with budget constraints for his whole coaching career is massive and should be for the board interviewing him as well. We're still not in the clear financially from 2012 but we're slowly getting there - but the new manager will have to work with a few bosmans/loans/pre contracts and I think Muscat can do that.

And win doing it as well.

Dick is still the only foreign manager to succeed with us and his budget damn near killed the club.

The point was made above that Clement doesn't get involved with recruitment much and prefers to just coach the players he has.