[FT] Sparta Prague 0 - 0 Rangers

21 minutes ago, Frankie said:

In the end that's a decent point after a much better second half where the players grew in confidence. In fact we could have won it but for two fine saves from their keeper.

I don't think we learned anything new tonight but we move onto Sunday.

I disagree Frankie. I think that performance showed a sense of unity and togetherness that's been missing IMO.

11 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Once again “we have a manager”. We would not have improved in 2nd half with Beale and probably lost the game.

Im just going to say that isn't necessarily true. Our result against Betis was only a few weeks ago and he changed things there. Whilst we can't say Beale was a good manager, it would also be remiss to be so definitive about a fictitious scenario.

It's worth remembering we played a new / unfamiliar system tonight as we didn't have a recognised left back available. 

We also have players coming back from injury and players still to return from injury. 

Sima again showing he is our biggest threat and put in some shift tonight.

Danilo looks a player and hopefully he can kick-on now he's back in squad.

A few positives from Hibs game and this evenings performance. Let's hope it continues on Sunday

3 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Im just going to say that isn't necessarily true. Our result against Betis was only a few weeks ago and he changed things there. Whilst we can't say Beale was a good manager, it would also be remiss to be so definitive about a fictitious scenario.

Agreed and its just as easy / simplistic to say the Gio or SG would have won that game.......

The worth of individual games is somewhat limited right now. More important is stopping the rot and achieving the right direction of travel. Then starting to build positive momentum.

In that respect I thought this game was a small but useful step.