Souness Returning?

I don't mind Souness being consulted on football matters.  He isn't making the big decisions and there's no harm in asking a Rangers supporting football man what he thinks about that side of things.  

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Souness did, on Talksport

The pointless gossip I referred to was the assumption that Souness would be advising on the footballing operation ...... for which I can see not one shred of evidence .... by all means share it if you have it but I can't see it anywhere.

Edit - perhaps I'm not making it clear that there are many other roles that Souness could be consulted on part from football operations - media, PR, fan communications, etc

Edited by Bill

36 minutes ago, Bill said:

The pointless gossip I referred to was the assumption that Souness would be advising on the footballing operation ...... for which I can see not one shred of evidence .... by all means share it if you have it but I can't see it anywhere.

Edit - perhaps I'm not making it clear that there are many other roles that Souness could be consulted on part from football operations - media, PR, fan communications, etc

You must have missed him interviewing and advising on the new manager selection then.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I don't mind Souness being consulted on football matters.  He isn't making the big decisions and there's no harm in asking a Rangers supporting football man what he thinks about that side of things.  

I beg to differ if he is putting forward names like Lampard for the managers job. I can't think many fans would have been happy with that, and it is ultimately shit advice for the board.

2 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

I beg to differ if he is putting forward names like Lampard for the managers job. I can't think many fans would have been happy with that, and it is ultimately shit advice for the board.

I really can't understand this point of view. Who said Souness put Lampards name forward? Souness said of the interviewed candidates Lampard was his "favoured" choice (and gave his reasons) but also said Clement was an outstanding candidate.

Souness was brought in by the board to interview the candidates they had selected. He did this and was part of the process that ended with Clement being our new manager. Whether Clement was / is the right choice, only time will tell..

22 hours ago, PoohBear said:

Sure, he's entitled to his opinion, and if that's it he can keep his opinion to himself!

Should we also request you do the same ?  Free speech and all that right ?

5 minutes ago, craig said:

I didnt want Lampard either but to suggest he has continuously failed is an over-reach.  He did well with Derby and was unlucky to not get promoted - then in his first stint at Chelsea he actually did very well whilstthe club were under transfer embargo.

He hasnt "continuously failed.  But certainly not won anything or a success in his 2nd Chelsea stint

Lampard also did himself no favours taking on the sinking ship Everton. 

6 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Lampard also did himself no favours taking on the sinking ship Everton. 

Same could be said when he manages Chelsea as Craig mentioned above. 

He was never NOT going to take the Chelsea job.