Moths to the Flame

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

The issue being masked here is how these flares were gotten into the ground. Said on the match thread the average fan can't get in with a bottle of water but Ultras some how manage to get flares in. 

Dundee might better served asking Police Scotland and their stewards how this was allowed to happen.

Do all away fans get searched going into grounds these days?

It's easy enough to get a bottle of water into Ibrox. Well it is for me, but I don't look like I'm in the UBs, so maybe there's a difference.

I always see people asking how these items are allowed into grounds.

It's very easy.  Just stick it down your trousers, same as a hip flask or a bottle of Buckfast.  

I'm sure no one wants to receive a full body search going into grounds and the security staff aren't well paid enough to do it properly anyway, so it's just something we'll have to deal with.  

17 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Do all away fans get searched going into grounds these days?

It's easy enough to get a bottle of water into Ibrox. Well it is for me, but I don't look like I'm in the UBs, so maybe there's a difference.

I sit in BF4 and routinely searched. One steward let me in a few weeks back with a bottle of water, that was around 1 hrs before kick off. 

I'm at less away games now than previously, but again routinely searched especially at Easter Road, Tynecastle etc. 

Last time I was at Dens Park was 2 seasons ago and can't remember if I was searched. I was last season (as was my son) at Tannidice going into main stand. 

I don't look like a UB either 😀

42 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I always see people asking how these items are allowed into grounds.

It's very easy.  Just stick it down your trousers, same as a hip flask or a bottle of Buckfast.  

I'm sure no one wants to receive a full body search going into grounds and the security staff aren't well paid enough to do it properly anyway, so it's just something we'll have to deal with.  

some storage area down the front of your trousers to accommodate a bottle a buckie. 😁

5 minutes ago, onevision said:

some storage area down the front of your trousers to accommodate a bottle a buckie

You might be thinking about a full bottle?  I was referring to the 350ml sort.

Just stick it under the belt (I've done it with a hip flask but not Buckfast, I might add).  Don't really need any storage room at all.

I get my bag searched every week going in to New Edmiston house and routinely going in to Ibrox.  It kind of annoys me because I seldom see males being searched and only if they have a large bag and plenty take in Buckie etc. hidden on their person. The last place you would sneak something in is in your bag.  I get it but I do resent it nonetheless.

Why has the use of flares suddenly become an issue? Its it because it was our fans? Fans of all clubs use them and this is first time I've heard of police / politicians summits etc.

The Groon Brigade released a statement the other day that alluded to the Celtic board encouraging them to use flares - where is the uproar at this? 

Is this just a convenient distraction from the very public Goon Brigade v Celtic board public spat?

Will be interesting to see if there are any at either of this weekends Semi-Finals and how it's reported in the press as all 4 clubs have a very active "ultras" following.